Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Mike Hoffman & 2018 7th from SJ, for 2019 2nd & 2018 4th + 5th round picks

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Great trade for you.

28y, 2 years left at a great cap hit, no major assets lost, and keeps you out of Pacioretty.

F group looks good, 5th best forward is a 60 point winger and then add Borgstrom& Tippett.

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
We don't even know if Hoffman's fiancé did anything wrong. I wouldn't trust the court of public opinion. There's a lot of unknowns. Easy for everyone to say she did. TBD... Plus, it's not like Hoffman himself was doing this.
Lol. I'm pretty sure she did, if Turris's wife all all the other people confirmed it. Panthers acquired some cancer, but that's fine because it's a 20-30 goal scoring cancer.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The acquisition cost makes more sense when you consider that SJ is not taking any contracts back.

But still, getting a really good goal scorer basically for a 2nd rounder is amazing.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Lol. I'm pretty sure she did, if Turris's wife all all the other people confirmed it. Panthers acquired some cancer, but that's fine because it's a 20-30 goal scoring cancer.
How is he the cancer if his fiancé did this? Guilt by association isn't very fair if he did nothing wrong.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
with 3.8 million and 4 or 5 guys to sign, I wonder who is getting shipped out. Bjugstad?
Him or McGinn are the two likely candidates. Also, Tallon said he's not buying out anyone. So Mack is staying, I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Him or McGinn are the two likely candidates. Also, Tallon said he's not buying out anyone. So Mack is staying, I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.
cap friendly wasn't updated with cap increase so we don't need to ship anyone out. keeping MacK is an obvious mistake

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
How is he the cancer if his fiancé did this? Guilt by association isn't very fair if he did nothing wrong.
Well, he denies it and sides with his fiancee. Could've stayed quiet. And now he's as far from Ottawa as possible. Cancer. Also Ottawa got fleeced in this panic trade, so they really wanted to get rid of him.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Like I said there is for sure risk with this but the guy can flat out play and score. Time to see if all this character is BS or not.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Meh, he's dating her, standing by her and she supposedly made a thousand tweets + some off-ice stuff - if she really did it, he's responsible.

That said I'm all for him having a "redemption story" here and helping us far in the playoffs :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00