Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Mike Hoffman & 2018 7th from SJ, for 2019 2nd & 2018 4th + 5th round picks

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I can't believe Tallon did this :laugh:

Although if you really think about it, Hoffman isn't the culprit in that whole mess. And him standing behind his girlfriend until there is any verdict is what you'd expect from anyone.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
a few combos for top 6

Either way, top 6 is looking elite. Really wonder if Borgstrom grabs a top 6 winger spot.
Honestly, I'd shore up the top 9 instead. Spread the love a bit.

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad (It work very well last season, I'd give it a shot again)
Hoffman-Trocheck-Malgin (It worked well, but I'm hockey with having Hoffman there)
Huberdeau-Borgstrom-Vatrano (Huberdeau is very good defensively, so it would help compensate for Borg)

But when we are down in the third, I'd stack the top 6 and have Hoffman with Barkov and Dado. Hoffman has a really good shot and it would be lethal with Barkov.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hoffman's wife googling Barkov's GF like how do I make fun of this:

the-jetsons-rosie.gif

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly, I'd shore up the top 9 instead. Spread the love a bit.

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad (It work very well last season, I'd give it a shot again)
Hoffman-Trocheck-Malgin (It worked well, but I'm hockey with having Hoffman there)
Huberdeau-Borgstrom-Vatrano (Huberdeau is very good defensively, so it would help compensate for Borg)

But when we are down in the third, I'd stack the top 6 and have Hoffman with Barkov and Dado. Hoffman has a really good shot and it would be lethal with Barkov.
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Boughner spread it out like that at all. We saw Vegas had success with their quality forward depth. Hard to see Huberdeau on third line but anything is possible You have nice balance in your lines. We know Boughner isn't afraid to mix the lines up.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
WTF just happened??? Dale #Character Tallon trading for Hoffman???

Really don't like the off-ice issues - though I guess if he scores 25 goals for us or helps us in the playoffs it'll be much easier to swallow... *Insert cynical smirk* I do love essentially keeping our picks, plus his contract is just for two more years -for all the character risk, it might actually be better than signing someone for 6+ years in FA and having them decline fast in year 2.

I'm ****ing dying at this :laugh:

OMG that's hilarious :D :D :D

Also, great move for the Sharks.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I thought Hoff was a RW, but if he plays first line LW Dadonov has to switch back to RW, if he is on the 2nd line, Huby comes back to Barky.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We don't even know if Hoffman's fiancé did anything wrong. I wouldn't trust the court of public opinion. There's a lot of unknowns. Easy for everyone to say she did. TBD... Plus, it's not like Hoffman himself was doing this.

Either way, you don't get a legit top 6 forward at this price unless there is some "baggage" so it's nice to see Tallon make up for losing Smith for nothing. Better option than Kovy and Patches, imo. Much more favorable contract situation too.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Don't look now guys, but we have the highest salary cap for next season at the moment :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad