Post-Game Talk: Panthers 8 - Avalanche 4 - Matinee Madness feat. Sam "$$$" Reinhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It's interesting I was just thinking about an odd, stat, if you will. 3 out of the top 4 picks in the 2013 and 2014 drafts played in this game. And if you add in Nichushkin, 4 out of the top 10 in the 2013 draft.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It is sad what happen to Lundy’s offensive skill. He can’t even make plays with the PP time he gets. He’s just a plain old defensive center now.

The biggest disappointment of the season for me has been the total lack of development from Anton Lundell. I like that he is defensively responsible and can play on the PK, but offensively he has shown nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's been a huge struggle for him, and you have to think Zito is going to try and upgrade our 3C position if nothing changes. I'm not saying we should give up on Lundell completely, but I'm not sure we can continue counting on him to be in the line up every single night if he's going to produce like a fringe NHL'er at best.

If we can find a rental to take his spot for our playoff run this year, and then see what we have with Anton next season we should try that.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think Lundell might become our 4C if there's an upgrade available.

Kevin Stenlund has probably played himself into a nice little payday somewhere.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
The biggest disappointment of the season for me has been the total lack of development from Anton Lundell. I like that he is defensively responsible and can play on the PK, but offensively he has shown nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's been a huge struggle for him, and you have to think Zito is going to try and upgrade our 3C position if nothing changes. I'm not saying we should give up on Lundell completely, but I'm not sure we can continue counting on him to be in the line up every single night if he's going to produce like a fringe NHL'er at best.

If we can find a rental to take his spot for our playoff run this year, and then see what we have with Anton next season we should try that.
It is dissappointing indeed. But again, it is only his third year in the league and his wingers are not the same he had 2 years ago. He needs some skill on his wings - Cousins barely has any, Luosto is getting better, but they both are miles away from Marchment and Reinhart. His cycle game and puck protection on the boards is still good, and the way Luosto and him are clogging up the neutral zone is one of the main reasons we are so good at closing out games currently. And don't forget how good he was in the POs...

Just means that his next contract will be cheaper, he is just taking one for the team! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad