Post-Game Talk: Panthers 8 - Avalanche 4 - Matinee Madness feat. Sam "$$$" Reinhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Lmao HNC putting Cousins on blast for his cheap shots at Habs v Rags intermission. Not going to lie Im not a fan of Cousins or his game but its funny to see a Panther player being called out for being dirty. Coming from a team that was soo soft for so long its funny to hear Canadians complaining about it.

Canadian media just malding as usual that the Canadian teams they actually care about (Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa) can't win in regulation or just plain suck.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm still feeling bit under the weather and fell asleep before the game eventho it was a early one for Finland too.

I love us scoring those Reinhart one tap pass one timer goal in front. Because god damn Brayden Point use to score that goal 1-2 every game against us

Bednar: “we lost 8-4 but we didn’t lose 8-4”

Wait. He went full Brindamour?

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I have to check how much there's copium in the Leefs' board after the contract gets announced. ~$46mil tied up with four players starting in next season is pretty remarkable.
I don't see a scenario where Marner isn't traded in the off-season. Useless in the playoffs and they can't ice a team with all of them signed lol. Nylander is about 2.5 million overpaid but I like re-signing him and moving Marner more than letting Nylander walk.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don't see a scenario where Marner isn't traded in the off-season. Useless in the playoffs and they can't ice a team with all of them signed lol. Nylander is about 2.5 million overpaid but I like re-signing him and moving Marner more than letting Nylander walk.

Marner has a NMC which means he'll stick around. Another +$13mil for him and Tavares re-signs also at ~$8milx3. In for a penny, in for a pound.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
This stretch has been fun :D

Re: Reinhart, any chance he looks at Huberdeau as a cautionary tale? Obviously Huby was traded which is not happening with Reinhart, but he really has a good thing going on here - great team with legit SC aspirations, playing with great players, stability, seems happy here (also, we "rescued" him from the purgatory that's the Sabres).

He's going to get paid either way (as he should), but it'd be nice if he was willing to accept a more team-friendly contract...

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Watching Barkov with Rodrigues gives me flashbacks from his draft season playing with Ville Nieminen. Rodrigues and Ville Nieminen plays pretty similar game. It seems like Barkov has found his long lost friend.

Barkov has even joked about Ville Nieminen coming out of retirement to play for Finland in best vs best international tournament with him. They had insane chemistry, it was like match made in heaven. Now panthers have similar combo with Reinhart who is having incredible season.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
huh, OEL is 10th in goals for defensemen. What a signing by Zito

Reino is now tied with Kucherov for goals too, 2nd place.

Bobby is 7th in GAA, and 2nd in TOI, hope he holds up for the season
Zito right now:
28ib178u9it41.jpg

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Amazing how much he plays every game. I’m exaggerating only a bit by saying it seems every other shift is mackinnon line the whole game.

He's got a Cup to show for it, but I think that Avalanche team had a bit of luck and more depth. I don't know that Colorado can be a serious contender for the Cup again with MacKinnon having to carry the entire team on his back on the ice while also screaming at them about their diet between periods.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He's got a Cup to show for it, but I think that Avalanche team had a bit of luck and more depth. I don't know that Colorado can be a serious contender for the Cup again with MacKinnon having to carry the entire team on his back on the ice while also screaming at them about their diet between periods.

Ever more in doubt if they try to jam Rantanen and Makars new deal to keep the 3 headed monster together.
The uncertainty of Landeskog.
Nuke has been a great addition while Toews and Makar are still great top 2 D for them.

RyJo started out hot for them but has cooled off big time. Their depth seems okay but not great despite having 2nd best GF/G.
Definitely still a Contender, but seem to have peaked already?
I think LA, VAN and VGK have a better long term window but we shall see what COL trades/signings etc they pull off in July.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Panthers are on a 7 game streak

Canadian media

"But that Cousins guy is an absolute dirty f*** wad"

Again. We don't claim that guy lmao. Our bottom 6 looks hella better without him

Maybe he will join Willie Mitchell on the day-to-day list

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
By my count, the next 21 games that takes us through end of February, we have 13 home games and 8 on the road.
Only 2 back to backs in this time line, the PIT and NYI games and the PIT and BUF games, all 4 on the road.

Road games: STL, NSH, PIT, NYI, PIT, BUF, TB and CAR

Those NSH, TB and CAR games are minimal travel so the guys should be well rested for the most part.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Blues have been playing well, Tuesday's game could be ugly if they don't have anything left in the tank.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It is sad what happen to Lundy’s offensive skill. He can’t even make plays with the PP time he gets. He’s just a plain old defensive center now.

They finally released Panthers card and Bob has been pretty solid outside some 5 on 5 numbers, mostly his medium danger area which is surprising, he struggles with shots from point IMO

GDQegmrXcAA_uLs.jpeg.jpgGDQkvYzWUAAUrxS.jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad