Post-Game Talk: Panthers 4, Leafs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I hope Huberdeau can reach the 50 point mark. Could be a huge confidence boost for him. Also so he can say to himself, well I put up 50 points last season, now what can I do over the summer to improve my weaknesses and focus on my strengths to possibly get 70 next season.

I don't know what happened to him, but his game has completely changed from most of last season and the first half of this season. It's like a light switch went off...he's playing very good hockey right now at both ends (most of the time). I think we've all been waiting for it to happen, so it's a bit of a relief. Hopefully this is what we can expect on a consistent basis going forward.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
To quote George Costanza: "Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

giphy.gif

;)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I don't know what happened to him, but his game has completely changed from most of last season and the first half of this season. It's like a light switch went off...he's playing very good hockey right now at both ends (most of the time). I think we've all been waiting for it to happen, so it's a bit of a relief. Hopefully this is what we can expect on a consistent basis going forward.

I think it's confidence and leadership(Jagr).

Brining Jags in really has done wonders for huberdeau.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
before the season started i said huberdeau would be best off paired with barkov. i think that alone is a reason why he's playing better, its a good matchup. and the addition of jagr has been huge, both him and barkov play with more confidence and more intense, almost like they want to show the legend that they're playing with what they're capable of, trying to prove to jagr what they can do. his puck protection and work along the boards has drastically improved, he's always been a competitor and feisty so thats never changed, his skating can still improve and i hope he can improve his shot so he can be more of a goal scoring threat, thats always been my biggest beef with him. he'll get assists and therefore points, but i want to see him at least be around 20g every year, not maybe 15. barkov's goal scoring capabilities are somewhat limited but he has a great shot and has been using it a lot more. if huberdeau stays healthy next year and has a healthy offseason and we resign jagr i only expect improvement, from everyone, so hopefully we can see more goals out of him. not saying he has to score 30, but as a top-6 key player he should at least be closer to 20 than 15.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The goalie game vs the Leafs still haunts us. In fact that whole week does. We had leads against the Leafs and Stars and couldn't come up with W's.

Ugh, if only this if only that..

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
btw, beautiful move by trocheck on that first pirri goal. the toronto players was completely fooled by the fake and allowed trocheck to take a few more steps closer before handing it off to pirri.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The goalie game vs the Leafs still haunts us. In fact that whole week does. We had leads against the Leafs and Stars and couldn't come up with W's.

Ugh, if only this if only that..

If you are so desperate to play the if only game, go back to all those games early in the season against mediocre opponents the panthers lost to. How about those bad blown points against columbus? Ottawa in game 3, that dreadful losing steak around the All star break. The list goes on and on with the missed opportunities.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm guessing Lu starts Saturday but if Boston and Ottawa both win and Florida lose they'll concede defeat and start Ellis.

Anderson sounds like he's going to start both games this weekend, still hurt, only played a couple times in the past 2 months.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Guys you have a neat offense and they have been producing lately. Noticed though that the defense makes some costly mistakes. Also mistakes in your own zone quite often. Those mistakes add up after a while.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
If you are so desperate to play the if only game, go back to all those games early in the season against mediocre opponents the panthers lost to. How about those bad blown points against columbus? Ottawa in game 3, that dreadful losing steak around the All star break. The list goes on and on with the missed opportunities.
in the end the hockey GODS will decide our fate!! thankful we are still in it! hopefully luck shines down on us!!!!!!!!
GGGGGOOOOOOO PPPPPAAAAANNNNNTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRRSSSS:handclap::yo::yo::nod:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad