Post-Game Talk: Panthers 4, Leafs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
LOL, you obviously didn't watch Jagr play in New Jersey the last 15-20 games. He's dogging it because he doesn't want to be there anymore. There is no denying his talent.

While may be partially true jagr is 43 years old and was no longer being used in a manner that keeps hI'm In the league... jagr is a legend coming to a ckose... Kessel is a one dimensional lazy defensive liability that hasn't won a thing in his career in his prime....

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
It was even funnier seeing Doughty get that interference penalty right after he had his stick stolen.

Ya that's mostly the part I was referring to...absolutely hilarious.. doughty lost it... though the refs gotta wake the **** up... that was bs

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So pirri goes 3 goals on 4 games... gets concussed... no goals in 15... and now this stretch... man what if lol

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
To quote George Costanza: "Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

I've had in the back of my mind over the last month that our playoffs hope were dead and I 100% did after the game in Tampa.

Now, being 3 points out and two games left against the Bruins and one against the Sens with eight games left, can we really completely count them out? I still think they're going to miss it by 1-5 points, but I don't think you can say it's over just yet.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
What a boring game. Crowd was awful. Kampfer looked great.

I would rather start Thunder Dan vs MTL. OTT game is more important.

Start Lu in both. You have to. I will be shocked if they don't, he just had 2 weeks off.

That Tampa loss is going to haunt us. I thought we were okay tonight. We had one really good period. Two meh periods.

I was saying that too, if only they won the Tampa game, but really, the losses vs Arizona and Buffalo, the collapse vs the Flames, choking against the Leafs, Lu letting in awful goals against the Caps, and the 15 games they just didn't show up at all killed them. Not fair to look at one loss.

The Tampa game only lost them one point likely (beating Tampa in OT/SO was unlikely despite their meh record), there are more egregious games than that.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
To the guy who did the anti-jinx in the GDT... it worked. Thanks man!

Luongo has got to start both games. He always plays well back in his hometown, I think that game is very winnable. It looks as if the Sens are having goalie troubles, just in time for us to play them on Sunday. Luongo should have enough in the tank after getting to rest for two weeks to play two nights in a row.

This is going to be a very close finish. One thing that I find interesting is that a lot of Bruins and Sens fans have stopped talking about us. I always peek over at their boards after losses, and there are plenty of people saying "well at least Boston lost", but none saying, "Oh no, the Panthers won!". I personally like it, I'd rather be under the radar.

Exciting times we live in, friends. I really hope this team makes it into the playoffs.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I hate staying in the past but it pisses me off when I think about all of the close games we could have won and been in a playoff spot right now if it weren't for playing dumb.

Montreal, NYR, Tampa and that's just in the past week. Frustrates me so much. :shakehead

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I hate staying in the past but it pisses me off when I think about all of the close games we could have won and been in a playoff spot right now if it weren't for playing dumb.

Montreal, NYR, Tampa and that's just in the past week. Frustrates me so much. :shakehead

I think it all evens out. I guarantee Ottawa and Boston have left easy points on the board over 70 games just as we have. As the old saying goes "you are what your record is."
Fact remains we are a bubble team on the rise and it is reflected in the standings.
Gotta say I love the way this team is playing win or lose. Whether we sneak in or not, we as a fan base have a lot to look forward to in the coming years.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
To the guy who did the anti-jinx in the GDT... it worked. Thanks man!

Luongo has got to start both games. He always plays well back in his hometown, I think that game is very winnable. It looks as if the Sens are having goalie troubles, just in time for us to play them on Sunday. Luongo should have enough in the tank after getting to rest for two weeks to play two nights in a row.

This is going to be a very close finish. One thing that I find interesting is that a lot of Bruins and Sens fans have stopped talking about us. I always peek over at their boards after losses, and there are plenty of people saying "well at least Boston lost", but none saying, "Oh no, the Panthers won!". I personally like it, I'd rather be under the radar.

Exciting times we live in, friends. I really hope this team makes it into the playoffs.

I'm here the rest of the way man!

And it's shocking but the only people that haven't counted the Panthers out besides some here are people on NHL Radio.

Boomer Gordon and Scott Laughlin still think we have a shot. Phil Esposito too.

Otherwise, no one

But hey, I don't either. we will lose back to back this weekend anyway and Boston and senators win both days

#AntiLindsayEffect

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think it all evens out. I guarantee Ottawa and Boston have left easy points on the board over 70 games just as we have. As the old saying goes "you are what your record is."

I doubt it, there were too many games they just didn't show up or started playing in the 2nd.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Didn't even notice but Ott is also B2B on Sunday.

Boston too. Actually, if I remember all 3 clubs ALMOST have mirror schedules, but ottawa has that game in, which comes April 7th against Pittsburgh, who I hope are either slumping and out of the playoff picture, or out of the slump and kick senator ass

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
We can talk about winning this game, or losing a point in that game, but IMO, what hurt this team the most was this:

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-27%20at%2011.08.50%20AM_zpsjolppea5.png

We were a consistent team throughout the entire season, but this span of 5 games is what killed us. Just look at our pace before and after that set; its about a 10 point difference. Of course, gaining at least three points from the Habs, Rangers, and Bolts games the past 10 days would have helped, but I think that five game set was the worst of it all.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
We can talk about winning this game, or losing a point in that game, but IMO, what hurt this team the most was this:

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-27%20at%2011.08.50%20AM_zpsjolppea5.png

We were a consistent team throughout the entire season, but this span of 5 games is what killed us. Just look at our pace before and after that set; its about a 10 point difference. Of course, gaining at least three points from the Habs, Rangers, and Bolts games the past 10 days would have helped, but I think that five game set was the worst of it all.

I'm never doing another Winnipeg GDT ever again. :shakehead

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My old man came over last night halfway through the game, that's why I disappeared from the GDT.

Good overall game. Had orur usual slow 1st, but against a team like Toronto we were able to come out of it still scoreless.

We had another flurry of goals in the 2nd, just like we did in Tampa. Barkov continues to amaze me. That play on Hubby's goal was a perfect example. Coming into th zone on a 3 on 2, Barkov came in on the left side and dropped the puck off for Hubby. I instantly started yelling at the TV for not shooting. But he took ot his man and Hubby absolutely ripped that shot. I was stunned. Never saw it coming!!!

I don't think our 3rd was that bad. We had a 3-0, and definitely focused more on defense. Lou played great overall.

BTW - after he was stopped in the 1st on a scoring chance, I asked if goalies will start to figure out if Pirri always seems to shoot 5-hole? Obviously not :laugh: :laugh: :yo:

Question: With the win, and our defense's solid play, and assuming Gudbs was a healthy scratch for his poor play vs. Tampa,,, will he be a scratch again Sat in MTL?

zosodp

Oct 22, 2013
Since this is the second game in a row Toronto did not sell out, maybe they should move to Quebec?:sarcasm:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Since this is the second game in a row Toronto did not sell out, maybe they should move to Quebec?:sarcasm:

Pretty clear hockey just doesn't work in that market. How long do we have to keep up this charade before we accept the reality that hockey in Toronto was a failed experiment?

:sarcasm:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
good win. mediocre game. we can't relie on the second period to take us to the playoffs. we have to play 3 solid periods. lou was good! got to say i despise bolland. can't score, poor on faceoffs and constantly takes stupid penalties. wondering how much longer he was going to hold that stick until he was sure he would get the penalty? okay, my bolland :rant: is over.
GGGGGGOOOOO CCCCCAAAAATTTTTSSSSS!!!!:handclap::yo::nod:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I hope Huberdeau can reach the 50 point mark. Could be a huge confidence boost for him. Also so he can say to himself, well I put up 50 points last season, now what can I do over the summer to improve my weaknesses and focus on my strengths to possibly get 70 next season.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
good win. mediocre game. we can't relie on the second period to take us to the playoffs. we have to play 3 solid periods. lou was good! got to say i despise bolland. can't score, poor on faceoffs and constantly takes stupid penalties. wondering how much longer he was going to hold that stick until he was sure he would get the penalty? okay, my bolland :rant: is over.
GGGGGGOOOOO CCCCCAAAAATTTTTSSSSS!!!!:handclap::yo::nod:

Even the Ferraro noticed how statistically bad we are in the first period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan