Panthers 2015 Draft Talk | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
The arena looks absolutely amazing. I could spend all day there which I guess I'll be doing tomorrow from 2-11. Can't wait.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
OT: was that Yormark in the background of NBA draft after Okafor pick? Ha. I know his brother has NBA owner ties to Brooklyn.

His brother? Isn't he part owner of the Nets?

Rantanen! Rantanen! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

What a sweet name to chant. Ran-Tah-Nen-Ran-Tah-Nen.

Laying it down now. He hatters before Barkov :sarcasm:

I plan on Rantan-ing on this forum if we don't land Kessel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
Leaving from Tampa early in the morning to attend the draft. Super excited about it! Gonna get autographs from Huby and Ekblad and hopefully see the next Calder winner put the sweater on for the first time!

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Highly doubt Rantanen gets past #9. Philly and San Jose have both shown pretty strong interest in him(multiple interviews) and there's the Finnish connection with the Columbus GM. Don't see him getting past those 3 teams.

Nobody has really discussed this Lawson Crouse guy...don't know much about him other than that he's big. Is there chance he slips? If so, are we interested?

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Highly doubt Rantanen gets past #9. Philly and San Jose have both shown pretty strong interest in him(multiple interviews) and there's the Finnish connection with the Columbus GM. Don't see him getting past those 3 teams.

Nobody has really discussed this Lawson Crouse guy...don't know much about him other than that he's big. Is there chance he slips? If so, are we interested?

He eats worms apparently

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Philly loves their size, they may take Crouse

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
This draft is 11 strong -

1. McDavid
2. Eichel

3. Strome
4. Hanifin
5. Marner

6. Barzal
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Zacha
10. Crouse
11. Rantantan

I can easily see Rantanan being the guy who falls, think it's a very good chance. Either way one of those elite prospects will be available when the Panthers pick. Only player not on that list i think the Panthers take is Kyle Connor, especially if they aren't on the one who falls or really don't want a defensive prospect.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This draft is 11 strong -

1. McDavid
2. Eichel

3. Strome
4. Hanifin
5. Marner

6. Barzal
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Zacha
10. Crouse
11. Rantantan

I can easily see Rantanan being the guy who falls, think it's a very good chance. Either way one of those elite prospects will be available when the Panthers pick. Only player not on that list i think the Panthers take is Kyle Connor, especially if they aren't on the one who falls or really don't want a defensive prospect.

Carolina will not pass up having Faulk and Hanifin as a future 1-2 punch

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

He's very fast, has great work ethic, and is very physical. He loves to throw big hits. And with his skating ability, he hurts people. He has very soft hands and good sniping ability too. He's a dangerous goal scorer because he can beat goalies with finesse or just put his big body in front to score garbage goals. He'll fight too, and likes to compare himself to Lucic. He's good defensively. He plays a very pro style game.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
I was just on the NJD board and floated this trade:

to FLA: 6th OA
to NJD: Trochek, Grimaldi

draft Ratanen 6th to be safe, and still have the 11th, i like it. thoughts?

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
They would never do this.

NJD or FLA?

some positive responses from Devils fans i know and a guy seemed to like it in the NJ board. idk if you know, but the Devils are void of a single top 9 quality center, and have only one young forward with top 6 potential.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
NJD or FLA?

some positive responses from Devils fans i know and a guy seemed to like it in the NJ board. idk if you know, but the Devils are void of a single top 9 quality center, and have only one young forward with top 6 potential.

Hmm new Jersey fans may like, I doubt management does, though the trade does make sense though since Jersey is HELLA old

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
NJD or FLA?

Sorry, I meant NJ. I'd be thrilled if we pulled that off, but it just doesn't seem like fair value to me. 6 overall would cost us more than that

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
You can read English but apparently you cannot understand it. Ill reiterate once again this time in a slower more precise method so you can hopefully grasp the concept. The player comparable had nothing to do with style it was simply the point projections of the best two way forwards in the league. This was a necessary comparison at the time because you were talking about point totals for the young man by the name of Mikko Rantanan. You said my point projections of 25 goals and 35 assists were absurdly low for a caliber player like Mikko. The point projections were there so you can see it is unlikely given what the scouts say about Mikko that he surpasses that kind of production while maintaining his all around game.

Most Americans don't watch hockey first of all. Second of all America has a more than capable internet connection that can access the web. There are plenty of places to stream European games (KHL streaming is easier for me). I don't know if your country has the capability of high bandwidth streaming internet wherever it is that you live. Third of all after precisely calculating my time with Mikko I have found that I have spent around 255 minutes with him or to be more precise 15,300 seconds. Hopefully my precision in numbers will allow you to come up with a reasonable gage on whether that is enough to form an opinion on a player or not, as I am not sure what the theoretical number of minutes is in order to form an accurate opinion on a player but apparently you know what that number is. Impressive. VERY Impressive ability that you have.

I have a question for you? If you watch Mikko play so extensively allowing you to form an expression of expertise how is that you can determine he is better than the other prospects? For that to happen you would have to then extensively watch all the prospects and the NHL players to be able to determine potential draft position and then potential point totals in comparison to other NHL players. How would someone who lives in Europe have access to all NHL games and prospects WHILE still being able to watch Rantanen with such keenness? Not only have you predicted and gone against what the scouts say you have also managed to watch everyone at once with the same keenness. Hilariously Impressive.

See I wouldn't have that problem I simply can watch all NHL games from my TV and when I want, I can casually tune into a European game which I often do. It would be far more difficult for you to watch and follow dozens of NHL players while watching European leagues then it would be for me to tune in and watch just one European player when I want.

According to rumors the Panthers are very interested in Mikko and I am very excited to potentially draft him. But again it would be silly expectations to expect this young talented man to be the next NHL superstar especially when scouting does not indicate that. Cant wait for tomorrow.

My o' my. Done my best trying to keep this conversation as civilised as possible, but you seem to have some personal crusade going when no one has verbally assaulted you. You know, it's not all that rare for people who are grasping for straws to often try direct conversation elsewhere. Nearly ~half for what I'm seeing is out of the context and patronizing. No need get defensive or get personal. People have different views.

Never asked how you are able to access European games now did I? You know we have pretty good infrastructure here in Finland and propably more households have internet access than where you live.

You claim to have seen Rantanen 255 minutes but never mentioned which games you were watching or any other details. No offense but I'm struggling to believe someone who seemingly has much to no interest towards a player would bother watching a team that has struggled throughout a year and hoping to see a good hockey. You mind elaborating this and provide any specifics about your observations in those games? It just seems more like an transparent attempt to play an empty hand, when making a pretty accurate calculation of minutes spent doing something while providing no actual insights. No, I'm not really convinced that you've actually watched TPS even if you have the required bandwith to do so.

Going back to the fantasy points, you seem to have a slight blackout. To quate: "20-25 goal scorer and 35-40 assist player", those where your words - not mine. Where did I say they were absurdly low? If you scroll back a bit you will find reply regarding his ceiling. I also didn't claim he was better than all other prospects, but he certainly is better than most of them. Why? He has no obvious holes in the game and among with the toolbox, the ability to access it. Needless to mention the physical edge over most of the peers.

Unlike you I don't claim to have watched something I haven't so my viewings regarding f.ex. OHL or other NA jr league are rather limited due to the timezone difference but I like to view prospects, watch what I can find from youtube and read as many scouting reports as I possible can. WJC is a good stage to get insight on those you haven't seen just as u18s in the spring. It's become almost like a hobby. There are no definites - far less guarantees, when making an argument wether one can become a star. You don't even often see scouts typing them in the player reports (it's more or less written between the lines). Not sure how many times I've underlined this, but there a LOT of excellent players in this year's draft. One doesn't exlude the other in that regard, so we are likely looking to a group of future star players from the age group.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I still retain the advantage of having seen this guy on the ice a lot more than you have and having actual basis to build an assesment. Wether it's shared by other people isn't a necessity. I'm only bringing up for what I know and if you look around you will find many others who share the same viewings. People are free to disagree. You and I will re-visit this dialogue in a couple of years, that atleast is guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad