SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
854269750.gif

854271758.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Russian HC and Swedish AC suspended from their respective team's final match for the above incident.

edit:

IIHF ‏@IIHFHockey

The IIHF Disciplinary Panel has suspended Russian head coach Oleg Znarok and Swedish head coach Rikard Gronborg for medal games.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Ex Panthers prospects score the first two goals of the finals

Shirokov 1-0
Pakarinen 1-1

I've always liked Pakarinen and dissapointed we never offered him a contract. Then again he's very very swingy in his play. Sounds like a Panther to me :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I've always liked Pakarinen and dissapointed we never offered him a contract. Then again he's very very swingy in his play. Sounds like a Panther to me :)
This is the biggest issue with him. I remember when he went PPG for like the first 15 games one season (lockout? not sure..) and then was a complete no-show for the rest of the year.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'd be ashamed as a fan to win gold like that. Ridiculous diving that the refs bought all the way.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Well that game was an abomination. That German ref was the worst I've ever seen and I have experience too as a panthers fan.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Aren't we still holding Shirkovs rights, since until/if he is back to the NHL? Could be the scoring winger we need..

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Znarok didn't actually do anything wrong by talking to the coach via a mic, there's a loophole in the rules that was confirmed by a member of the IIHF to a Finnish tabloid.

Safe to say that loophole ceases to exist after this tournament.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Hahaha!!!:laugh::laugh:That is how I feel when I am at games in Cologne. But believe me, he is the best of the German referees :laugh:

People can always blame the ref all they want and not saying I'm giving him a pass but how pathetic is the diving of russians... just saw the highlights and man, it's embarrassing for hockey

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
People can always blame the ref all they want and not saying I'm giving him a pass but how pathetic is the diving of russians... just saw the highlights and man, it's embarrassing for hockey

There are moments in a game where you can say wow this ref sucks or you can be like oh wow he finally got the right call. However this game was different, I was actually convinced to an extent he was paid by Putin to fix that game. I have never seen a game so one sided. Watching that made me want to put my head trough the wall. Even the NBCSN announcers were beginning to think it was ridiculous. I have never in my life seen a game ruined that bad by a terrible referee. He didn't just determine the game by 1,2,3 or even 4 bad calls, he literally handed it to them. Finland knew going into this game that they could not go to the box a lot. However someone had a much different agenda.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There are moments in a game where you can say wow this ref sucks or you can be like oh wow he finally got the right call. However this game was different, I was actually convinced to an extent he was paid by Putin to fix that game. I have never seen a game so one sided. Watching that made me want to put my head trough the wall. Even the NBCSN announcers were beginning to think it was ridiculous. I have never in my life seen a game ruined that bad by a terrible referee. He didn't just determine the game by 1,2,3 or even 4 bad calls, he literally handed it to them. Finland knew going into this game that they could not go to the box a lot. However someone had a much different agenda.
Nah, I don't think there was any bribed refs involved. Russian players simply just knew how to fish the right calls and those calls that were dives (Salomaki 1-0, Immonen 3-2, Sallinen 4-2) happened to lead to a goal every time. We didn't want to play that game, and we failed to score on the legit PPs called.

5on5 the game was very tight and equal, would have been interesting to see how it turned out without the refs taking center stage.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Nah, I don't think there was any bribed refs involved. Russian players simply just knew how to fish the right calls and those calls that were dives (Salomaki 1-0, Immonen 3-2, Sallinen 4-2) happened to lead to a goal every time. We didn't want to play that game, and we failed to score on the legit PPs called.

5on5 the game was very tight and equal, would have been interesting to see how it turned out without the refs taking center stage.

I know he wasn't bribed, I'm just being dramatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad