Post-Game Talk: Panthers 2 @ Canucks 3 (Yes, in OT) || You scream, I scream, we all scream for Etem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-sedins-are-mistreated-unappreciated-1.421992

Go to around the 9 minute mark. Really stands up for the Sedins and expresses his thoughts about how underappreciated they are around the league and don't deserve the cheap crap they've taken over the years. Good interview. Talks a bit about Vrbata earlier in the interview as well and how Vancouver is torn about trading or resigning him.

I really hope they're not thinking about resigning a old forward that's on pace for 38 points.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Theres a big difference between a scrum where a guy is trying to intimidate you on the ice and getting squirted with some water after a game that you just won (supposedly squirted him btw). And if I recall from what was said afterwards Dorsett was unaware of anything with Daniel at the time he did what he did. It was purely his own thing nothing to do with comraderie are anything like that.

Daniel talking back getting cocky...that does a little something. You rub it in. You display that hey guess what you didn't get me off my game. Try again next time loser. Dorsett reaching into a bench to push/punch a backup goaltender not so much.

Fair point. In isolation I agree it is a fairly "spaz" move by Dorsett (which is why I don't really like him). But in the greater context of the Sedins getting more crap hurled at them by ********** like Thornton and then having them lose their **** when Daniel tosses a bit back their way ... well in this case I don't mind Dorsett stirring up some **** if for no other reason than to expose some of the crap that the Sedins have had to endure. If we have to listen to Burrows get roasted for his non-PC behaviour then I sure as hell would like to see the rest of the league either stand up and apologize for doing the same to the Sedins or shut the hell up about the whole thing.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I really hope they're not thinking about resigning a old forward that's on pace for 38 points.

Ya that part really scares me too. And it's weird because Vrbata is so not a "Benning" type of player - floats, doesn't hit or scrum, isn't really fast or aggressive - nor is he even producing anywhere near his pay grade. Even if we couldn't trade him for anything I'm not sure I'd even resign him for another season of this. Rather give Shinkaruk a look next season or give Virtanen or Etem an increased role in his spot.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Look no doubt the apology was forced and almost certainly doesn't reflect how he really feels but who cares? You can feel however you want, it's only when you express unpopular sentiments that people GAF anyway. So play the game, say you're sorry, and everyone can move on. It isn't sincere but I'll admit it is at least satisfying.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Look no doubt the apology was forced and almost certainly doesn't reflect how he really feels but who cares? You can feel however you want, it's only when you express unpopular sentiments that people GAF anyway. So play the game, say you're sorry, and everyone can move on. It isn't sincere but I'll admit it is at least satisfying.

It's also the difference between chirping as a player on the ice, and insulting someone on national television as a broadcaster. Chirping on the ice is normal as it's not mic'd, but saying someone is a 'lowlife' on national television is quite unprofessional.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It's also the difference between chirping as a player on the ice, and insulting someone on national television as a broadcaster. Chirping on the ice is normal as it's not mic'd, but saying someone is a 'lowlife' on national television is quite unprofessional.

Ya. I mean he's free to have all the stupid opinions he wants. But he should apologize for subjecting all his listeners to it.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Potivin was on a radio show the morning after and still blamed Daniel Sedin and didn't apologize at all. Tallon and co. probably forced him to do this.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
When you think of it Torts is one weird dude for living where he did in greater Vancouver area, of all places. Also, I just thought about this but, between Torts, Luongo, Kassian and Lack there were a lot of weird dudes around the dressing room that year.

That being said, that seems like a photoshop pic!

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
When you think of it Torts is one weird dude for living where he did in greater Vancouver area, of all places. Also, I just thought about this but, between Torts, Luongo, Kassian and Lack there were a lot of weird dudes around the dressing room that year.

That being said, that seems like a photoshop pic!

Torts didn't even come for practices. That was incredibly odd. Why even coach?!

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Ya that part really scares me too. And it's weird because Vrbata is so not a "Benning" type of player - floats, doesn't hit or scrum, isn't really fast or aggressive - nor is he even producing anywhere near his pay grade. Even if we couldn't trade him for anything I'm not sure I'd even resign him for another season of this. Rather give Shinkaruk a look next season or give Virtanen or Etem an increased role in his spot.

Maybe they're trying to give off a sense that they don't want to move him. Increase his trade value a bit. C'mon Montréal, just hand over that 1st round pick. :naughty:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Maybe they're trying to give off a sense that they don't want to move him. Increase his trade value a bit. C'mon Montréal, just hand over that 1st round pick. :naughty:

Maybe. That would be progress for Benning in the trade department at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad