Post-Game Talk: Panthers 2 @ Canucks 3 (Yes, in OT) || You scream, I scream, we all scream for Etem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Mark Spector and Damian Cox? Two guys who have never played any competitive sports, unless you consider being the president of the radio club in high school a sport.lol.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
cox is a complete joke in his hometown, have no idea why he's given a national platform to spout idiocracy

spector was owned by dan murphy on twitter last night and pretty much every time he's made an ignorant comment

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
In the words of the New York Rangers fans

Potvin Sucks

When I only got US feeds of Canucks games I finally found out the truth of that statement about a childhood hero there. He was seriously dogging the Mark Fitzpatrick campaigner - basically spreading lies as a media mouthpiece for the league.

But worse, one of the Canucks color guys came over him before the game to ask some background on Florida and what was happening. He bragged about telling him off. I can only imagine color guys exchange this sort of thing all the time because I kept hearing the same thing that year about the Canucks from the US feeds.

--

Pretty entertaining game. Also pretty entertaining that Canucks fans are still so easily trolled, even by our own fans. Haven't heard much talk since our team was rightfully losing, but when we win, and our goons stick up for our stars and clear benches, boy do the crybabies come out.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Pretty entertaining game. Also pretty entertaining that Canucks fans are still so easily trolled, even by our own fans. Haven't heard much talk since our team was rightfully losing, but when we win, and our goons stick up for our stars and clear benches, boy do the crybabies come out.

Well put. Hard to read some of the whiny anti-Dorsett tripe in this thread. Pretty sure if he did nothing it would be the same people complaining he didn't do his job.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Well put. Hard to read some of the whiny anti-Dorsett tripe in this thread. Pretty sure if he did nothing it would be the same people complaining he didn't do his job.

I agree with this. And I have to wonder if it would be such an issue if Bieksa had done the same thing in previous years, as he would have done.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I gotta agree with Intangibo on this one. I actually wish that Dorsett went completely rogue and jumped the Panthers bench and start giving whomever the business.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Pretty fair point though.

Not really?

The Sedins aren't allowed to be annoyed about something someone said because Alex Burrows is on their team? That doesn't make any sense actually. Like I am not allowed to be offended by some comment you make because I work with someone who makes dumb comments.

Ridiculous "point" actually. Damien Cox is an idiot.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

if petrovic or montoya, or both, squirted daniel with their water bottle, then i'm glad dorsett did what he did.

but watching it live, on the sportsnet feed, i was like "wtf is dorsett doing?" it's like that penguin scene in encounters at the end of the world where all the penguins are going one way, and one crazy mf went the other. but i didn't notice daniel going by the bench (or maybe it wasn't shown in the original broadcast?)

and i was just imagining the look on dorsett's face. in my head, he had those crazy raffi torres eyes.

not taking a position on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing because who really cares and why are we moralizing about any of this anyway? just saying that i was sufficiently amused.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Meh even if there was water bottle squirting you don't do that. Get annoyed by it sure. Jaw. Make promises on how you are going to have your buddy Prust hug the crap out of you next time! But reaching into the bench? That's unnecessary especially in a nothing game that you won and is over. Make no mistake if this team somehow makes the playoffs some asshat on the other team will squirt water at Dorsett to get him to react.

Thornton has been fined for doing it to Subban...however that was during play. Perry did it to Carter in the playoffs. Filling his glove with water (but not during play and Carter was not wearing them at the time).

Lundqvist squirted Crosby during a scrum and got fined 5k.

The NHL doesn't condone it. It happens. Players get fined. You don't meet asshattery with your own asshattery especially given this is not a team you will even see again unless you make the Stanley Cup final. My opinion. I'm sure it'll be unpopular.

And I've still yet to see the offending water attack.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Meh even if there was water bottle squirting you don't do that. Get annoyed by it sure. Jaw. Make promises on how you are going to have your buddy Prust hug the crap out of you next time! But reaching into the bench? That's unnecessary especially in a nothing game that you won and is over. Make no mistake if this team somehow makes the playoffs some asshat on the other team will squirt water at Dorsett to get him to react.

Thornton has been fined for doing it to Subban...however that was during play. Perry did it to Carter in the playoffs. Filling his glove with water (but not during play and Carter was not wearing them at the time).

The NHL doesn't condone it. It happens. Players get fined. You don't meet asshattery with your own asshattery especially given this is not a team you will even see again unless you make the Stanley Cup final. My opinion. I'm sure it'll be unpopular.

heh, that little kid on the ice must've REALLY did something to Prust.:sarcasm:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

And I've still yet to see the offending water attack.

Bolded is the type of approach that led to Marchand punching Daniel numerous times in the face with no response from the team in the SCF. It may sound good in theory (hey get the PP, be the bigger man, etc) but sports is about competitiveness and comaraderie. Being the bigger man rarely endears you to your teammates or your fans.

I'm not a fan of Dorsett but I have no problem with his response. In fact I'd have a problem if he didn't do as he did, for the reasons above. He showed up for a teammate and did so without committing an egregious act (i.e. Bertuzzi) so in my books that is 100% the right response and I doubt any Canuck who was on the ice that night disagrees.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere but...

Sedin-Sedin-Dorsett

:amazed: :laugh: :cry:

WD has gone full Dorsett.

Hopefully just acting as a placeholder till Hansen draws back in.

I think it's just for public consumption...

Willie going "F*** Yeah Dorsett... good job stepping up and attempting stand up for your captain"
And "This is how much we are NOT upset by Dorsett standing up for his captain, he's line rushing on the top line today"
"F*** anyone who tries to take liberties with the Twins, Dorsett has our full support to try to do something about it, in fact we encourage and reward it"

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Bolded is the type of approach that led to Marchand punching Daniel numerous times in the face with no response from the team in the SCF. It may sound good in theory (hey get the PP, be the bigger man, etc) but sports is about competitiveness and comaraderie. Being the bigger man rarely endears you to your teammates or your fans.

I'm not a fan of Dorsett but I have no problem with his response. In fact I'd have a problem if he didn't do as he did, for the reasons above. He showed up for a teammate and did so without committing an egregious act (i.e. Bertuzzi) so in my books that is 100% the right response and I doubt any Canuck who was on the ice that night disagrees.

Theres a big difference between a scrum where a guy is trying to intimidate you on the ice and getting squirted with some water after a game that you just won (supposedly squirted him btw). And if I recall from what was said afterwards Dorsett was unaware of anything with Daniel at the time he did what he did. It was purely his own thing nothing to do with comraderie are anything like that.

Daniel talking back getting cocky...that does a little something. You rub it in. You display that hey guess what you didn't get me off my game. Try again next time loser. Dorsett reaching into a bench to push/punch a backup goaltender not so much.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-sedins-are-mistreated-unappreciated-1.421992

Go to around the 9 minute mark. Really stands up for the Sedins and expresses his thoughts about how underappreciated they are around the league and don't deserve the cheap crap they've taken over the years. Good interview. Talks a bit about Vrbata earlier in the interview as well and how Vancouver is torn about trading or resigning him.

He's absolutely right. The Sedins are incredibly underappreciated.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-sedins-are-mistreated-unappreciated-1.421992

Go to around the 9 minute mark. Really stands up for the Sedins and expresses his thoughts about how underappreciated they are around the league and don't deserve the cheap crap they've taken over the years. Good interview. Talks a bit about Vrbata earlier in the interview as well and how Vancouver is torn about trading or resigning him.

I really hope we don't re-sign Vrbata. He is the definition of uninspired this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad