Pre-Game Talk: Panther Parkway vs Broad Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
can't blame ellis. start him again. lou is injured and needs to sit!!!!!!:nod:;):naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
It was just very odd. I think if you tell Bjugstad what you want from him, it's enough, he doesn't seem like a guy who isn't doing all he can to be the best he can be.

This is also his rookie season and he's lplaying 60+ games for the first time in probably his playing life. Takes a toll.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
luongo against dallas, we win "damn, with luongo theres always a chance, please start ellis after this"

ellis against philly, we lose 5-2 "good…good"

:laugh:

it'd still be nice to keep it competitive though...

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It's games like these that I worry about rushing the likes of Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, etc. It stinks because this whole entire year could've been different had we started the year with an owner who can supply DT with what he needs to make the team better. Look at the Wild. Same situation except their young players have the safety blanket of Pominville, Parise, Suter, Moulson, etc. Our young guys had no support since day one. Hopefully DT can fix that. We don't want to ruin this crop of young guys with too many seasons like this. Huberdeau and Guddy have already gone through a couple of losing season. Bjugstad came in on the tale end of a losing year and experienced another right after. Well, if these kids have the alleged "character" that Dale saw in them and placed high importance in that trait when he drafted them, then there shouldn't be an issue. These kids should be motivated enough over the summer, begin to embrace their job and improve in all areas over the summer. If they do that and Tallon brings in some veteran support other than Boyes (which isn't much support all by himself) then we should fight for a playoff spot next year. If DT can't change the supporting cast of this team over the summer then we're in for yet another long year and that's another losing season to tack on to the young guys' resumes.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I'm not too worried about our rookies and their mentality. If we have another season like this next year then I'll start to get worried, but for now we should be fine. Lots of teams have rough seasons with a lot of rookies in the lineup, doesn't mean they're damaged forever. If we continue to suck for the next year or two, then it's time to worry. DT needs to support these kids with proven talent. I think Trocheck needs another year in the AHL and our defensive core needs to be completely changed.

Loved seeing that goal from Huberdeau. Guy was pumped after scoring it. It meant basically nothing in the game, but it meant something to him. To get back into the lineup and finish a scoring chance is a huge confidence boost for him. If he can finish the season strong, it'll give him something positive to hold onto going into the off-season.

EDIT-All I'm cheering for at this point is for Scottie Upshall to net at least 2 more points in the final two games so we can at least only tie that pathetic record. Really didn't think this teams offense could get any worse this season but my oh my was I wrong.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Whew, solid tank effort tonight. Finished work at 1am and thought I was going to be up late watching this one, but I felt fully confident skipping ahead to the end about half way through the second. Onwards to Ekblad!

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
in a round about way ellis could be a savoir for this team this year. we start him until we're locked into second. then we either trade him which is doubtful. waive him, but doubt he gets picked up, or buy him out. don't want him with the rampage. he serves no purpose there. we need to develop players in the ahl. hey, can we trade him to the nucks for markstrom?:sarcasm::D;)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up winning the lottery this time around and got the 1st pick when we really needed it last year. So Panthers. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad