Proposal: Panarin's RFA rights for Victor Rask

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So I'm basically copying IvanProvolone's thread from last week, and swapping teams/players.

CAR:
Victor Rask (package)

CHI:
Artemi Panarin (Pending RFA)

Rask is on a great contract for the next five years and would not handcuff the Hawks, as much as Panarin's upcoming contract would.

Panarin would give Carolina a bona fide star.

I apologize in advance if this was a dumb proposal

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Absolutley love rask but there needs to be a big add to rask to get panarin as a rfa.

He looks like a bonafide top 3 LW in the NHL after last year and what he is following up his sophomore season with

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Carolina needs to add.

Honestly the Hawks just need to concentrate on locking Panarin down and not explore these RFA trade possibilities where the value they get back is most likely not what Panarin is worth.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Carolina needs to add.

Honestly the Hawks just need to concentrate on locking Panarin down and not explore these RFA trade possibilities where the value they get back is most likely not what Panarin is worth.

I can't imagine Panarin's agent settling for less than a $7m AAV at this point. The Hawks need to know what kind of value is out there on the trade market IF they can't lock Panarin down.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Oh, hell no......

Look, if the Hawks can't fit Panarin in under the cap the solution isn't to trade him - the solution is to take the RFA compensation.

He will get 6-8 per, Probably 7.5 if there was an RFA bidding war.

Hell no to this trade tho.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Oh, hell no......

Look, if the Hawks can't fit Panarin in under the cap the solution isn't to trade him - the solution is to take the RFA compensation.

How does taking that compensation help the team next season?

Plus Rask is proving to be a legit top-6 forward who looks like he'd fit the Hawks system.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Oh, hell no......

Chicago Are in a win now mode. Makes no sense at all to take the rfa compensation from an offersheet

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
As a Canes fan I'd rather just keep Rask at $4 million per for the next 6 years.

Rask is on pace for 27 goals and 68 points and has established himself as a low-end 1C. He is scoring consistently and solid in all three zones. He is one of the last players the Canes should consider trading given his production and long-term, cost-controlled contract.

Panarin putting up points on one of the best teams in the league is nice but Rask is nearly equalling his production on a hapless Canes team. Rask also plays a much more valuable position. Pretty easy no.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
How big of an add do you think there needs to be? Like a 1st?

Rask/1st/TT is probably close to a fair package for panarin

Im sure chicago wants tt back if they could. The thing is you always need to overpay for top line talent and scotty bowman alwways said whoever gets the best player in the deal wins the trade so carolina needs to make it several quality pieces because rask is no where on the level of panarin

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
As a Canes fan I'd rather just keep Rask at $4 million per for the next 6 years.

Rask is on pace for 27 goals and 68 points and has established himself as a low-end 1C. He is scoring consistently and solid in all three zones. He is one of the last players the Canes should consider trading given his production and long-term, cost-controlled contract.

Panarin putting up points on one of the best teams in the league is nice but Rask is nearly equalling his production on a hapless Canes team. Rask also plays a much more valuable position. Pretty easy no.

Yes, there's a lot to like about Rask. However, we're talking about one of the top young LWers in the league in Panarin.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Rask/1st/TT is probably close to a fair package for panarin

Im sure chicago wants tt back if they could. The thing is you always need to overpay for top line talent and scotty bowman alwways said whoever gets the best player in the deal wins the trade so carolina needs to make it several quality pieces because rask is no where on the level of panarin

Look at the saad trade. Dano anisimov and mid pick for saad.

And panarin > saad

This package isnt far off from that when you line up the pieces

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

And panarin > saad

Dano wasn't as established as Teravainen is, so I could see Carolina balking at that. I'd be happy with one of Carolina's top prospects if they don't want to part with Teravainen.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Yes, there's a lot to like about Rask. However, we're talking about one of the top young LWers in the league in Panarin.

Canes already have one of the top young LW in the league in Skinner. This deal takes from one of their weaker position pools to add to one of their strongest.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Dano wasn't as established as Teravainen is, so I could see Carolina balking at that. I'd be happy with one of Carolina's top prospects if they don't want to part with Teravainen.

Thats fair.

I was just saying chicago would likely push for him since they liked him a lot and knows the system

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If I'm Carolina, I don't do that trade straight up, nevermind adding. Rask is bigger, younger, cheaper and plays a more important position.

Carolina has no reason to make that deal. They aren't going to help Chicago with their cap issues.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

And panarin > saad

Victor Rask is way better than Anisimov was at the time of the trade and TT is way better than Dano was at the time of the trade. It's not even close.

I'm sure Chicago would love a guy who would put up 60-70 points for them signed at $4 million a year for the next 6 years. It's not happening. Rask currently has one of the best contracts in the NHL versus his production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad