LeBrun: Panarin will seek $10 - $11 mil/yr in Columbus or open market

Crow

May 19, 2014
If Nylander isn't a leaf, the leafs have more cap room for this to happen
Well he is very easily tradable but not for a whole lot. Pretty much a fair value market player. So he’d need to be traded for the same.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If Hawks add a Hughes or Kakko next season (and they very well could seeing as they currently have the 3rd best draft odds in the league) and manage to persuade Panarin to come home, this could be a quick turnaround. Especially if their defensive prospects (Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin) can make an impact in a year or two.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Hawks add a Hughes or Kakko next season (and they very well could seeing as they currently have the 3rd best draft odds in the league) and manage to persuade Panarin to come home, this could be a quick turnaround. Especially if their defensive prospects (Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin) can make an impact in a year or two.
keep dreaming

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

I think he’s worth 9M, but I’m glad they are willing to go all in. I just hope this message is correct that they don’t want to squeeze out every penny. In the long run, we’ll need to resign Saad, Debrincat and the young defensemen so if we give AP 10.5-11M, that might be a problem.

Something like 9.65M would be palatable.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
We have been really ****ty this year so it is not that low.

Sabres have been really shitty for 7 years, they've lost the lottery more then they've won it. Canucks have been kicked down again and again. Unless you are the Oilers do not depend on a crappy year guaranteeing a top 3 pick.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sabres have been really ****ty for 7 years, they've lost the lottery more then they've won it. Canucks have been kicked down again and again. Unless you are the Oilers do not depend on a crappy year guaranteeing a top 3 pick.

Never said it was for sure but I am simply stating that the odds are better than most this due to how bad the Hawks are this year.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Never said it was for sure but I am simply stating that the odds are better than most this due to how bad the Hawks are this year.

Hawks will have odds, but likely still not very good one was. Last place team has an 80% chance of not drafting 1st overall, and unless they finish bottom three those odds drop drastically. I know what you're saying, just dont get your hope's up is all.

Go play the NHL draft lotto simulator and see just how hard it is to grab a top pick. Besides, that, the Hawks winning would be horrible for the league. There are so many teams that could use a top 3 pick, you still have your last 1st overall pick on the team and producing after winning cups.

Vancouver and Detroit in my opinion deserve it more than any. Other factors should help determine lotto odds. Obviously standings should be priority, but there should be some number combinations held back and given to teams who have went the longest without a top pick. Like say 15% of the numbers should be divided up among the non playoff teams according to how long it's been since getting a top 3 player. So a team like Vancouver who never picked first overall could get a 5% boost even if the finish 10th.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hawks will have odds, but likely still not very good one was. Last place team has an 80% chance of not drafting 1st overall, and unless they finish bottom three those odds drop drastically. I know what you're saying, just dont get your hope's up is all.

Go play the NHL draft lotto simulator and see just how hard it is to grab a top pick. Besides, that, the Hawks winning would be horrible for the league. There are so many teams that could use a top 3 pick, you still have your last 1st overall pick on the team and producing after winning cups.

Vancouver and Detroit in my opinion deserve it more than any. Other factors should help determine lotto odds. Obviously standings should be priority, but there should be some number combinations held back and given to teams who have went the longest without a top pick. Like say 15% of the numbers should be divided up among the non playoff teams according to how long it's been since getting a top 3 player. So a team like Vancouver who never picked first overall could get a 5% boost even if the finish 10th.

Why would it be bad for the league? I get that parity is good but the Hawks are a cash cow that drives up HRR. No one deserves a 1st round pick.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks will still end up with an impact forward if they pick top 5. Lets not get caught up in odds of picking Hughes. Fact is top 5 pick and Panarin equals next year Hawks team being way more talented.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’d be so mad if CHI got Hughes/Kakko and signed Panarin. Adam Boqvist coming as well.

Watch someone take Seabrook from them for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad