LeBrun: Panarin will seek $10 - $11 mil/yr in Columbus or open market

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Hawks just missed the playoffs for the first time in the decade. Think what you will about the future of the Hawks, but this isn't even close to an accurate picture of the Hawks last few years.

It's last year, it's this year, it's the future.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
If he hits free agency he'll get it. I can see several teams offering 10m a year. If the leafs had the cap space I'd hope we would be in on it as well. Whenever you can add a bonafide top line player without losing an asset you go for it if you can.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If Tavares gets 11M with money left on the table, guys like Kane and JvR 7M you can bet Panarin is looking at 10M.

And rightfully so. He's a proven PPG winger. To get that type of player without giving up assets should cost you a lot of money.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
7 goals in 26 games = prolific scorer worth 10 million?

K.

This just screams of someone who has never watched Panarin. 30-year-old Atkinson is on pace for 88 points and over fifty goals and a second year player is on pace for 79 points largely because of Panarin. Panarin will score some goals, sure, but that's one of the last things that makes him elite and just looking up a singular stat is disingenuous, especially since you intentionally omitted his total points & assists, not to mention he's on pace for over 90 points himself.

Again, they may not hit this, but the points themselves are not really the... well... point of my argument. He elevates everyone around him, and that's why he'll easily get 10 million as a UFA.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This just screams of someone who has never watched Panarin. 30-year-old Atkinson is on pace for 88 points and over fifty goals and a second year player is on pace for 79 points largely because of Panarin. Panarin will score some goals, sure, but that's one of the last things that makes him elite and just looking up a singular stat is disingenuous, especially since you intentionally omitted his total points & assists, not to mention he's on pace for over 90 points himself.

Again, they may not hit this, but the points themselves are not really the... well... point of my argument. He elevates everyone around him, and that's why he'll easily get 10 million as a UFA.
Plus he's not getting passed to so he's playmaking instead of getting as good shooting opportunities as he would on some lines . , I would take him at ten on any team that has the cap space he's a great player .

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Source: Chicago Blackhawks plan on going 'all in' for Artemi Panarin

"Artemi is a proud member of the Columbus Blue Jackets," agent Dan Milstein said Saturday. "He's genuinely happy playing in Columbus. If and when he hits the free market, we would be looking at all options and he will be the one to make the decision."

Two sources have said that Panarin and Patrick Kane are in "regular" contact with each other. They grew extremely close during Panarin's two seasons in Chicago, and Kane was not happy when the trade went down.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Source: Chicago Blackhawks plan on going 'all in' for Artemi Panarin

"Artemi is a proud member of the Columbus Blue Jackets," agent Dan Milstein said Saturday. "He's genuinely happy playing in Columbus. If and when he hits the free market, we would be looking at all options and he will be the one to make the decision."

Two sources have said that Panarin and Patrick Kane are in "regular" contact with each other. They grew extremely close during Panarin's two seasons in Chicago, and Kane was not happy when the trade went down.
The best way Panarin's attitude was explained to me was like picking an ice cream flavor. He likes the team and the city but it isn't his favorite. It might be his 3rd or 4th favorite. This could change between now and this summer but if he had to choose which flavor to go with for the next 7-8 years maybe he goes with something else.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The best way Panarin's attitude was explained to me was like picking an ice cream flavor. He likes the team and the city but it isn't his favorite. It might be his 3rd or 4th favorite. This could change between now and this summer but if he had to choose which flavor to go with for the next 7-8 years maybe he goes with something else.

Does he like playing for Torts? He's one of those coaches that has a short period of effectiveness.

If he does IMO, he'll choose them. He has to realize that if he wants to win Columbus is a far better option than Chicago.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Does he like playing for Torts? He's one of those coaches that has a short period of effectiveness.

If he does IMO, he'll choose them. He has to realize that if he wants to win Columbus is a far better option than Chicago.
Last season he said that he loves the coaches and teammates but he isn't sure he wants to commit to living in Columbus for the next 7-8 years.

While Columbus does give him an excellent chance to both win and get the money he wants, there are certainly more options. The league has so much parity that, provided the team can afford him, they likely give him a good chance to win.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He has some damn good chemistry with PLD (who is quietly in the conversation with M. Tkachuk and McAvoy for 3rd best player in that draft) but I think his days in Columbus are gone. Also, IMO Columbus would be better off going with Korpisalo than paying Bob big money.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
He has some damn good chemistry with PLD (who is quietly in the conversation with M. Tkachuk and McAvoy for 3rd best player in that draft) but I think his days in Columbus are gone. Also, IMO Columbus would be better off going with Korpisalo than paying Bob big money.
I am not a fan of Bob's performance in the playoffs. Korpisalo is an unknown in this equation. But so was Vasilevsky in Tampa, and look what happened. As far as Panarin's chemistry with PLD goes, that seems to be his special gift - having chemistry with other players. Kane was livid when Panarin got moved, and for a good reason. They were pure magic together. Their connection was Sedin-like. I am a Rangers fan, and would love to see Panarin sign with us. But he's going back to Chicago.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
If Tavares gets 11M with money left on the table, guys like Kane and JvR 7M you can bet Panarin is looking at 10M.

And rightfully so. He's a proven PPG winger. To get that type of player without giving up assets should cost you a lot of money.
How does Panarin compare to Tavares when Tavares is a 1C?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad