Speculation: Panarin to the Bruins

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I do not see him coming for the main reason he is a top line guy. There is no need for a top line guy, they have the best line in hockey. He would make too much money to play second line and second power play. Better off getting a real 2nd line winger with size or a 3rd line center but Nordstrom may have just grabbed that spot. Bruins right now cannot trade any dee, they are down to the 9th and 10th roster guys playing now.

Figgzfood

Nov 15, 2017
What defenseman do the Jackets have from the 2016 draft?

I think McAvoy is clearly the best right now from that draft class. He's been a #1/2 defensman since jumping on to scene in the 2017 playoffs where he averaged 26 minutes/game straight out of college. He's been the Bruins #1 D since that point IMO. He's still only 20 years old.

I don't think he would ever be on the table for a winger like Panarin. Signed or not.
I think she is talking about "the best of his generation" part, where clearly Jones is a challenger with Z looking great so far too.

Reactions: Viqsi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I still haven't seen a convincing argument for why Columbus would be selling at all. They're a Cup contender.

Columbus is a pretender not a contender. We always call them a 'contender' and they go and lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs.

Panarin is going to walk. You don't want another Tavares situation where you lose a franchise player for nothing. If he gets hurt, Columbus is screwed. I would deal him sooner than later. He's made it clear he does not want to be there.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
A Defensemen like McAvoy only comes around once in a generation. He up there with Eddie Shore, Ray Bourque. Of course there will never be another Bobby Orr. That is why I would never agree to trade McAvoy

Tom Brady is a system Quarterback

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If you are Columbus you go for it with Panarin this year. You are stuck.

And then once the season ends, probably in the 1st round, you deal with the arm chair quarterbacks. If they were going to trade him, it had to be before the season started.

edit: under the assumption that Panarin won't agree to re-up with the team you trade him to, if he does agree then the return might be at least interesting.

Reactions: major major

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Columbus is a pretender not a contender. We always call them a 'contender' and they go and lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs.

Panarin is going to walk. You don't want another Tavares situation where you lose a franchise player for nothing. If he gets hurt, Columbus is screwed. I would deal him sooner than later. He's made it clear he does not want to be there.

It just happened twice in a row (to the eventual champs), must be permanent now. :laugh:

I presume, if you think it's so important that Columbus trades him, that you think they'll get something franchise-altering in the return. :sarcasm:

1021huss

Jan 26, 2010
I’d love for boston to get Panarin. But I don’t think that boston makes the trade without an extension in place

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Krug (5Mill), Backes (5Mill), Donato and 1st for a signed Panarin.

Columbus gets two great team players in Krug and Backes for their playoff run. A high end sniper prospect in Donato to replace Panarin long term and a First.

For the Bruins

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Heinen-Krejci-Panarin
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Columbus gets two great team players in Krug and Backes for their playoff run. A high end sniper prospect in Donato to replace Panarin long term and a First.

For the Bruins

Heinen-Krejci-Panarin
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork[/QUOTE
Really? Backes "great", come on dude. ZERO pts in 7gp. 34.5 yrs. old + Old, injury prone/not aging well & declining #'s, struggling. Still good on FO%, big. He's a 3rd liner on a contender. Expensive $6M through 2021. Ouch. Better suited on the wing at this juncture, 3rd line.

Reactions: djeck42

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Really? Backes "great", come on dude. ZERO pts in 7gp. 34.5 yrs. old + Old, injury prone/not aging well & declining #'s, struggling. Still good on FO%, big. He's a 3rd liner on a contender. Expensive $6M through 2021. Ouch. Better suited on the wing at this juncture, 3rd line.
he did say great team players

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

For the Bruins

Heinen-Krejci-Panarin
Debrusk-Frederic-Bjork

Why would we even consider taking on Backes? We already have Dubinsky signed for 3 more years...not to mention Riley Nash, who has been a complete bust of a UFA signing. Or even Krug? We already have Werenski, Nutivaara, Murray, Kukan, Harrington, and Carlsson on the left-side. Piss poor effort on putting together a proposal. In my opinion, of course.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It just happened twice in a row (to the eventual champs), must be permanent now. :laugh:

I presume, if you think it's so important that Columbus trades him, that you think they'll get something franchise-altering in the return. :sarcasm:

You most likely won't get something franchise altering in return. But getting something as opposed to nothing......

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
... would not affect the franchise much one way or the other.

Ottawa got a 1st, 2 2nds (one which could be another 1st) B+ Prospect, C Prospect and 2 average NHL roster players for 1 year of Karlsson.

Are you telling me that makes no difference as opposed to the Islanders who got zilch for Tavares? No way.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Ottawa got a 1st, 2 2nds (one which could be another 1st) B+ Prospect, C Prospect and 2 average NHL roster players for 1 year of Karlsson.

Are you telling me that makes no difference as opposed to the Islanders who got zilch for Tavares? No way.

No difference? No. Just not enough of a difference that a "colossal error" is even possible here.

I'd certainly consider trading Panarin for that package, but I'm not going to get too excited by it. It's a San Jose 1st, so basically 3 second round picks. The Jackets aren't short on roster players so the rest is not important. So that's what all this fuss is about? The package doesn't seem that important, it might be preferable to just go for the win. My guess is that how the team plays will determine what the FO does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad