Value of: Panarin to NYR

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
So it is obviously a surprise to learn that Panarin is being shopped. Columbus is trying to take that next step and the Rangers are looking to rebuild from the ground up. Considering the circumstances surrounding his availability and the Rangers situation, the only pieces I'm not willing to part with are 9th overall, Chytil, Andersson, and Shestyorkin. What sort of pieces would CBJ be looking for? I think Kreider would be a nice starting piece, locked up for 2 more years with a really favorable contract and will slot right into Panarin's spot in the lineup. Add in another RFA winger of their choosing, and a pick from 28/39/47 depending on the winger added.

To NYR:
Panarin

To CBJ:
Kreider
one of Spooner/Namestnikov/Vesey
pick 28/39/47

Alternatively, we can take on the Dubi's contract in place of giving up some more pieces, maybe add a solid piece like Fast to help with CBJ's depth.

To NYR:
Panarin
Dubinsky

To CBJ:
Kreider
Fast

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There are three acceptable trades right now, from least to most likely:
1) A star #1C, OR
2) A full and complete replacement of what he brings on the wing, OR
3) Two forwards, not as good individually, but combined they score more than he does. (i.e. replacing a gamebreaking sniper with brute force).

Kreider might hypothetically be part of option #2, but the adds being suggested aren't nearly enough to cover the other part.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
This is understandable, it's hard to come to an agreement on return for the situation. What would you like to see added to Kreider to make you think about this trade?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There are three acceptable trades right now, from least to most unlikely:
1) A star #1C, OR
3) Two forwards, not as good individually, but combined they score more than he does. (i.e. replacing a gamebreaking sniper with brute force).

Kreider might hypothetically be part of option #2, but the adds being suggested aren't nearly enough to cover the other part.
What sort of criteria are you looking for from the two forwards? Let's say you can choose any two of the following from Minnesota:

Zucker
Nino
Coyle
Eriksson-Ek
Greenway
Kunin

Does any combination thereof look appealing?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
There are three acceptable trades right now, from least to most unlikely:
1) A star #1C, OR

Kreider & Hayes for Panarin?

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Aside from the fact that I'm of the opinion that a trade for Panarin is counter-productive to what the Rangers are trying to achieve right now, I just don't think the Rangers really want to move Kreider. Sounds like he's a big part of their rebuild and is probably in consideration for the captaincy. That said, if they're going to actually trade him, a deal for Panarin could work value-wise. Just not so sure they'll be willing to pull the trigger unless it's an absolute no-brainer...which I don't think either offer in the OP is.

Reactions: Holocene

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What sort of criteria are you looking for from the two forwards? Let's say you can choose any two of the following from Minnesota:

Zucker
Nino
Coyle
Eriksson-Ek
Greenway
Kunin

Zucker and one of Nino or Coyle. The other three right now are still largely potential, and we kind of need actual.

* * *​
Kreider & Hayes for Panarin?
Hypothetically acceptable. In practice, I'd want to see if we can do better.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Zucker
Nino
Coyle
Eriksson-Ek
Greenway
Kunin

Not really. I’d want Granlund+.

Reactions: CPTN71

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Neither one of these teams should be making a deal with a team they have to go through in the playoffs.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Kreider's blood clot issue causing him to miss about 25 games is a huge red flag.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, in case it helps folks figure out where I'm going - if I had to come up with a "bare minimum acceptable" offer from Columbus, I'd be asking us for Atkinson and Bjorkstrand. (And I'd be a tad antsy about it, 'cause of Atkinson's age, but Bjorkstrand's would probably help make up for that.)

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Only way we'd trade him within the division is if we thoroughly won the trade. He wins games by himself so having to play him frequently would hurt.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Then what's the point of paying the price to get Panarin? You add the icing after you make the cake, not the other way around.

Agreed, you make a trade for someone like Panarin when your rebuild starts to flourish then it is time to add players of his type to accentuate the talent that you developed.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not really. I’d want Granlund+.
Understandable, though Granlund is closer to option 2. He's scored less than Panarin, but after switching from C to RW he's put up 69 and 67 points. He's also about the same age, is the best offensive driver on the team, has been a good playoff performer and plays a well-rounded defensive game. I think he's a notch below Panarin, but the + there wouldn't be another top-6 forward.

Zucker and one of Nino or Coyle. The other three right now are still largely potential, and we kind of need actual..
Yeah, just included them because sometimes people like the idea of adding ELCs. I'd consider Zucker + Nino/Coyle. Obviously a lot would depend on how we felt about extending Panarin, but it's all just speculation anyway.

Reactions: Viqsi

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Kreider non starter

Bread man for Name,Spoon,Purple Hayes, pick 28

Kreider is absolutely not a non starter for Panarin. There are very few pieces in the organization off the table for Panarin. Maybe none.

But... as f***ing incredible Panarin is and he'd be the most dynamic offensive talent since 05-06 Jagr, we have no business making this type of trade right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad