Value of: Panarin to NYR

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Kreider is absolutely not a non starter for Panarin. There are very few pieces in the organization off the table for Panarin. Maybe none.

But... as ****ing incredible Panarin is and he'd be the most dynamic offensive talent since 05-06 Jagr, we have no business making this type of trade right now.

We did have Gaborik score 40+ goals multiple times and finish top-5 and top-10 in goals with the team.

I think Gaborik was absolutely electric for us [far more so than Nash]. I think peak Gaborik scored 42 goals and 86 points for us. Panarin would be our best since a prime Gaborik.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Makes no sense for the Rangers. Gorton has taken a lot of aggressive steps to build the farm. He should stick on that path. He acquire 3, NHL near ready defenseman prospects to rebuild the defense. Now he can work on rebuilding the offense.

Reactions: slg1963

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The price for Panarin is most likely something along the lines of Kreider, Skjei and the 9OV.

That’s a price I’m not willing to even consider.
We're set enough on defense that Skjei probably wouldn't be involved.

* * *​
To NYR
Panarin
Dubi

To CBJ

Namestikov
Buchnevich
1st
1st
sean day
I have no familiarity whatsoever with Sean Day; I just looked him up and noted that he's a LD prospect and so that doesn't add value. As to the rest... well, depends on what the 1sts are, to some extent, but that's actually closer than I thought on first glance.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kreider and Hayes is overpayment.

Kreider, if healthy, is a 20-30 goal player who will score 50+ points, while playing a physical game.

Hayes is a 45-50 point forward who can score 20+ goals.

Rangers would be trading two top-6 forwards for an elite winger capable of scoring 75-80 points.

You don't trade 45-50 goals and 100-110 points of production [both of which a good age] for a single player who will score 75+.

Panarin isn't Malkin or Ovechkin. If Columbus is expecting that type of return, they will be disappointed.

And I'm a fan of Panarin.

That's not how it works. You also should take into consideration that you're not getting back just 75 points, you don't exactly ice 1 person less because you did a 2-1 trade. The powerplay would probably be better, and he would make players better around him by providing more space. Whether you want trade for Panarin or part with Kreider & Hayes, the above isn't a good rule to go by.

Reactions: Viqsi and Toe Pick

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Why would a rebuilding team give up assets for UFA-to-be Panarin?

I don’t think Panarin’s UFA status would be that big of a concern. It’s a safe bet that he’d be fine with extending in New York City, of all places. Russians love that.

I do agree with you, however, on your “rebuilding team” comment. I don’t think the Rangers are quite in a position to be making a trade of this magnitude. Another year of hoarding assets and picks will give them a better idea of what they have and where they can deal from.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You're not paying attention at all, are you.
Paying attn, just disagreeing.
The currency NY can make available is Skjei/Andersson, not picks. Take Skjei, flip him or other as suits your needs.
We have LD in pipeline
We have enough C we can gamble on moving Andy
Panarin is nice LW borderline elite sniper and I am happy to give you something substantial for him but there is limitation on what can be used w/out gutting the rebuild.

Anyway, I'd rather use Andersson+Skjei as cornerstone for getting Karlsson as a 1x exception away from pure build. EK is RD, which makes a dif., besides being a better/higher target.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lol keep Day and trade proven top 4 in Skjei. Suuuuuuuuure
It is not just Day.
It was also 2 1st rounders.

Also, there were concerns about Day's weight and maturity, otherwise he would have been something like 5OA or better. Fortunately, he slid to us, has worked hard, and got serious about the weight.

He lacks Skjei's defensive acumen, but is a legit fast skater for a big guy, who has offensive skill Skjei has not prioritized developing - if he can.

The smart move IS to move Skjei and make it as easy as possible for the 4LDs tp get here once they are ready, not before. That being the case, THIS is the draft and the time to move Skjei, if there is enough on the table.

I conclude by quoting John Lennon:
"And you know that
for sure"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Paying attn, just disagreeing.

No, hon, you're failing. We won't accept Skjei in a Panarin trade. He's a defenseman and we don't need defense, and we're not playing your silly "flip" games because all that is is a way for Team A to gain value at our expense because Team B will recognize we don't need the guy and so won't accept his prior market value.

Reactions: Rangers_23

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Also, there were concerns about Day's weight and maturity, otherwise he would have been something like 5OA or better.
There's no way he would have gone top 5, maybe a late 1st rounder. But I'll enjoy you claiming he has 5 overall value when you are inevitably trying to rip teams off in trade proposal's for him in 2 years.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No, hon, you're failing. We won't accept Skjei in a Panarin trade. He's a defenseman and we don't need defense, and we're not playing your silly "flip" games because all that is is a way for Team A to gain value at our expense because Team B will recognize we don't need the guy and so won't accept his prior market value.

No fail.
We will then live w/o Panarin

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There's no way he would have gone top 5, maybe a late 1st rounder. But I'll enjoy you claiming he has 5 overall value when you are inevitably trying to rip teams off in trade proposal's for him in 2 years.
He could be moved, but my guess is within 2 seasons, he is at least 3LD and growing.
We will see who enjoys this the most.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No fail.
We will then live w/o Panarin
bye.gif

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I don't think Columbus should think about trading Panarin. They have habitually been starved for a star player. Why move Panarin now? The team is very competative, and should be adding to the roster.

Plus, of all the teams that would want him, why NYR? They took the strongest turn into a rebuild that I can remember, and are aggressively being sellers lately. Why suddenly trade any assets for a marquee winger?

This makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->