Panarin - Saad trade now looks like lose-lose one.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Better average than bottom of the barrel?

Sure, but I'd take the boost in all-round 5v5 play-driving over the boost on the PP.

The PP struggles have always been a systems issue, more than a talent issue. Even with prime Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad, etc it was generally mediocre.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
The reason CBJ fans are not happy with Panarin yet is because he was brought in to do two significant things.

1. Upgrade the Power Play - The CBJ are currently last in the league at around 8.6%
2. Finish (put pucks in the net) - He had two breakaway opportunities in the last couple of games and was stopped both times with the one against Boston happening during their comeback.

The kid is super talented, but is snake bitten right now. I think the goals will come and the PP will get much much better. The team in 8-4-0 with a terrible PP. It will be OK.

Reactions: Atas2000
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Sure, but I'd take the boost in all-round 5v5 play-driving over the boost on the PP.

The PP struggles have always been a systems issue, more than a talent issue. Even with prime Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad, etc it was generally mediocre.

With all that talent why can't they fix the system issue? There is no rule that says to be good 5 on 5 means you have to be average or below average on the PP.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
It's insane to me how trash threads like this stay alive here on HFboards.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
With all that talent why can't they fix the system issue? There is no rule that says to be good 5 on 5 means you have to be average or below average on the PP.

Obviously. Blackhawks fans have been bitching about the PP for years. Basically for the entirety of their dominant period, plus some.

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
I hate this thread. Panarin has been great in Columbus. Our best offensive player thus far and not even close. Shooting % under 3%... goals will come. Now SHUT UP!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad