Panarin - Saad trade now looks like lose-lose one.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
mshckd.gif

Actually everyone said this when the trade happened. However why not give at least 30-40 games for the players to get used to their new systems and linemates? Why are we always making the final decision 10 games in?

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
CBJ fan here. I can’t speak for everyone but there are many fans that are very frustrated with Panarin. He has been brought to the team to score goals and be our difference maker, someone we haven’t had yet.

Panarin has only scored one goal thus far, and hasn’t been able to find line mates that he can develop chemistry yet. At the time being it seems he doesn’t fit very well on the team.

Everyone wants him to succeed but maybe it will take some time before he finds that sweet spot.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Bread man wants lots of cash, Hawks know how much they have to pay Saad. Leave it at that. Done

Reactions: thebus88

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Jackets are on their best 10 game streak in franchise history, they are doing a-ok. Hope their franchise stays good for the foreseeable future, they've been through enough.

Didn’t they win 15 or 16 in a row last season? Or do you mean best 10 game start to a season?

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
It was a salary cap transaction. Chicago's huge contracts made it impossible to retain Panarin long term. Yes, they are boring as hell now. But it is what it is. They got a solid player back.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Panarin is a very streaky scorer so I am sure the goals will accumulate.

I think the trade was bad for the NHL. Panarin made Chicago a much more exciting team and his likability helped create a more favorable impression of the Blackhawks.

The annoying thing is Chicagoans who have thrown him under the bus and made him the scapegoat for Chicago's lack of playoff success. They ran into a better and peaking Predators team but that is somehow been made into Panarin's fault.

When Chicago again comes nowhere near a Stanley Cup this year who are they going to blame?

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
They traded Kane linemate for Toews former linemate. Toews production will go up because he can't carry a line on his own and Kane can.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Saad has been playing like crap for 5 or 6 games already (1 assist in the last 6 games). Panarin doesn't look good as well.

Panarin - Kane was probably the most exciting duo in the league, and now we have two players, who don't look that exciting.

just so i'm clear, this trade is a lose - lose because after about 10 games there are 2 players who don't look exciting to you?

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Sad has no talent two way players are garbage!

Give me totally sick dangles and goals. Ignore the toews line has been crap the previous years.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Hockey's not about players being fun to watch. Hockey's about winning games. Both of these players are producing and the teams are winning. How is it lose-lose?

This, hockey is not about entertainment or anything like that, it's an annoying chore people need to tend to. The more boring those several hundred hours watching hockey over the course of a season are, the better.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
CBJ fan here. I can’t speak for everyone but there are many fans that are very frustrated with Panarin. He has been brought to the team to score goals and be our difference maker, someone we haven’t had yet.

Panarin has only scored one goal thus far, and hasn’t been able to find line mates that he can develop chemistry yet. At the time being it seems he doesn’t fit very well on the team.

Everyone wants him to succeed but maybe it will take some time before he finds that sweet spot.

Hmmmm...many very frustrated CBJ fans because panarin doesn’t fit very well next to Wennberg as he did Kane. I mean, Wennberg has one goal this year and it was literally because a panarin shot hit Wennberg in the chest deflected into the net. I wish I was making that up.

Wennberg is zero threat to shoot the puck. It was a Torts joke in preseason. The leagues knows this. But it’s panarin who doesn’t fit.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Pure salary cap move. If Panarin signs in Columbus for anything at 8.5 or lower its a huge win.

The front offices of the teams seem to have a good relationship (since being in east/west) as even the original Saad/Anisimov trade was made to help both teams out, and actually I believe a big part was so CHI could sign Panarin, as Anisimov made 1.5 or so less. As a CBJ fan, I wish we still had Anisimov (over Saad) but I guess it worked out.

Panarin >> Anisimov > Saad

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Saad has been exactly what the Blackhawks needed.

With Hossa going out, a second highly-sheltered uni-directional winger [im addition to Kane] was a luxury we couldnt afford. We needed somebody that could drive possession and score goals against tough competition in more balanced zone deployment.

The only area the Blackhawks really miss Panarin right now is the PP, though even with Panarin it was only average.

The Blackhawks problems right now stem from the D not the forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00