Panarin - Saad trade now looks like lose-lose one.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
And it's not like the players are playing like crap. Saad has 6 goals in 12 games. Panarin has 10pts in 11 games.

Saad has been playing like crap for 5 or 6 games already (1 assist in the last 6 games). Panarin doesn't look good as well.

Panarin - Kane was probably the most exciting duo in the league, and now we have two players, who don't look that exciting.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Everybody just be quiet, and tell me who is higher in the standings right now? That's the obvious winner of the trade here. That's how we grade trades on here!

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Didn't Chicago need cap? Otherwise idk why they would of extended Kane's lw clone right before trading him

Treent1

Jun 5, 2017
They robbed Kane's dream line mate to get Toews back. Now they are bad and boring at least last year they were much more entertaining. Kane and Panarin were so fun to watch

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
For Chicago it wasn't all just about targeting Saad for the sake of replacing Panarin with something else (and to make up somewhat for the loss of Hossa i guess.), but also looking ahead in the cap world.

Saad is signed @ 6M per yr till the end of 20-21. Panarin has 1 yr left after this season.

The numbers Panarin put up in Chicago, he was due to a raise. And even though, say, 1.5-2M ain't a big difference, that's very significant for Chicago.

We still can't evaluate the trade fully until we know what happens in the future. What if Panarin doesn't end up re-signing in Columbus and they don't have a cup or anything like that to show for his time with them?

If he does though, i don't think there's any way Columbus loses the trade. They still need a player like him, right now it's just about finding the comfort level with the new team. Columbus isn't exactly a skill team where players like Panarin can play tic tac toes all the time. Need to find other ways to produce.

But yeah.. i would say for Columbus it was legitimately trying to improve their team, more so than for Chicago. Hawks had other reasons to pull the trigger.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They robbed Kane's dream line mate to get Toews back. Now they are bad and boring at least last year they were much more entertaining. Kane and Panarin were so fun to watch

I don’t think they give two f***s if you think they are entertaining tbh.

Let’s not forget the hjalmarsson trade either, definitely had an impact.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Jackets are on their best 10 game streak in franchise history, they are doing a-ok. Hope their franchise stays good for the foreseeable future, they've been through enough.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
not really. saad has 9 points in 12 games, including 3 game winners (all his goals are game winners) and panarin has 10 points in 11 games. how's that a lose-lose for both teams?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Hockey's not about players being fun to watch. Hockey's about winning games. Both of these players are producing and the teams are winning. How is it lose-lose?

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Panarin was a hugh pick up for Columbus. I expect them to make a solid run this playoffs. Provided they don't see Pittsburgh in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00