Panarin or Saad?

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Would you trade Anisimov straight up for Saad? I think it's pretty close. That trade looks good from our side of the aisle.

No way jose. If Dano does ANYTHING, is an NHL player, we crush them in this trade.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Panarin is the best one on one player I've seen play for the Hawks for a decade or two. He comes up the wing on any D and I can almost guarantee a shot on goal. That just doesnt't happen. What he did to Shea Weber last game is exhibit A.

He is a better 1v1 player than Patrick Kane.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Panarin is the best one on one player I've seen play for the Hawks for a decade or two. He comes up the wing on any D and I can almost guarantee a shot on goal. That just doesnt't happen. What he did to Shea Weber last game is exhibit A.

I love that little flip to himself when he cuts into the middle. It displays a lot of skill but that was the move I expected to go away in the NHL - however he continues to be successful with it.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I love that little flip to himself when he cuts into the middle. It displays a lot of skill but that was the move I expected to go away in the NHL - however he continues to be successful with it.

That's what I thought too, but there just isn't many hitters out there nowadays.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's what I thought too, but there just isn't many hitters out there nowadays.

I think he is waiting for someone to step up and try for the hit because he has a cut back that he pairs with it that gives him a lane to the net. He used it a decent amount in the KHL.

Cut back is like a toe drag but a little different. Not sure how to completely explain it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
That and rule changes have neutered what would have been acceptable hits a decade ago.

I know what you mean about the quasi toe drag BK. It's almost like a RB juking a LB in open field.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think he is waiting for someone to step up and try for the hit because he has a cut back that he pairs with it that gives him a lane to the net. He used it a decent amount in the KHL.

Cut back is like a toe drag but a little different. Not sure how to completely explain it.

Interesting. I just hope he doesn't get smoked trying it too often.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

100% spot on and reminds me of Savvy.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Unless it is the far ice defender it is hard to really catch him good with a hit and if it is the far side guy it opens up the player streaking from his side.

That's a hit you just don't see much anymore as I sit here thinking about it; that far D-man coming across the middle to hit a forward trying to cut across. Those are some of my favorite hits (for my inner meatball) but you don't see them much anymore.

Makes me think of Scott Stevens.

That Lindros hit. Ugh. http://youtu.be/7U7jUbKQYdw

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's a hit you just don't see much anymore as I sit here thinking about it; that far D-man coming across the middle to hit a forward trying to cut across. Those are some of my favorite hits (for my inner meatball) but you don't see them much anymore.

Yep. That is why he creates so much space.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
That lindros hit would have been an easy suspension in the NHL right now. Elbow extended straight to the head.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Yea, but Scott Stevens would have a rap sheet longer than Raffi Torres' if he was cutting his teeth in the league today.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, pretty much every highlight hit of his ever would be suspension-worthy in today's game.

I get naseuous concussion flashbacks just watching those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad