Panarin or Saad?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
My wife and I were having this discussion last night. If salary is not a factor and its only the hockey player, would you rather have Panarin or Saad? Panarin looks to be a rare offensive player and in a short time could be a top NHL scorer. Saad is actually younger, more established, and plays better on the back end. So would you trade Panarin straight up for Saad if salary is not a factor?

FYI we both picked Panarin

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'd say Panarin is more of a replacement for Sharp than for Saad, but if we're simply judging players for the heck of it, Breadman wins.

Still, Saad was and is one heck of a winger.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Considering his early success and obvious high end talent, it's Panarin for me. The only uncertainty is whether he can sustain it over a full year, and then over multiple seasons. Don't see any reason why he can't.

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
I love Saad, but this is a pretty easy pick for Panarin for me, mostly based on offensive differences. Better puck handler, better passer, and MUCH better shooter.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Breadman every day of the week and twice on Sundays, in terms of skill. Saad has the NHL experience but at this point Panarin's the better player. (Numbers are a bit skewed because of the adjustment period, etc.)

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Let's see, Saad is one year younger, battle tested in 229 NHL games. .62 PPG, +42 and 2 Cups.

Or Panarin, 1 year older, seasoned with 21 NHL games and 1.0 ppg, +2.

I'll take Saad.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I think Panarin is the better player, but on this team Saad is/was more valuable. Kane's line will always produce, no matter who is on it, it's just better with Panarin. Saad allowed the first line to help out offensively and be more effective defensively and on the PK as well. I'll take Saad with two lines of offensive production instead of Panarin with one amazing offensive line of production.

That being said, with salary caps and looking into the future, I'm glad we have Panarin.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
the better question is whether you would rather have Sharp and Saad or Panarin, Dano and Anisimov

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Shocking that the accomplished player makes money while the unproven player makes less.

Geez those GMs are dumb.:sarcasm:

I didn't see the OP about salaries not included.

But when there is a cap, you have to take those into consideration. And since there is a cap, and the Hawks have to...Panarin in a landslide please.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I didn't see the OP about salaries not included.

But when there is a cap, you have to take those into consideration. And since there is a cap, and the Hawks have to...Panarin in a landslide please.

Its just meant as a comparison of the players, nothing to do with salary. Also nothing to do with who replaced who from last year. We were just discussing last night who we would rather have as a player going forward. We both picked Panarin, but it is close because Saad is established and Panarin while looking outstanding still has not proven it over a long period.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
the better question is whether you would rather have Sharp and Saad or Panarin, Dano and Anisimov

Problem with this is Dano is still an unknown. It's amazing how Panarin and Anisimov are basically perfect fits for Kane. But losing Saad still leaves a massive hole on Toews/Hossa line.

I lean toward what we have now.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Right now Saad is more proven, but Panarin is the real deal.

It's 50/50 because of knowing Saad for longer, but Panarin has more skill.

I take Panarin even without the Money. With Money it's not even close

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Let's see, Saad is one year younger, battle tested in 229 NHL games. .62 PPG, +42 and 2 Cups.

Or Panarin, 1 year older, seasoned with 21 NHL games and 1.0 ppg, +2.

I'll take Saad.

I guess I can see that considering the NHL experience, but I think you'll change that tune pretty quickly.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
****, i did not see that this dude show this great skill level in khl, may simply because i do not wach khl

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad