Panarin officially earns max bonuses again, costing Hawks $2.575 mil in cap space

Savardian Spinorama

Mar 29, 2011
Chicago
Worth every penny for us fans that remember our heroes getting shipped out of town in the $Bill days. Hawks will end up losing talent in the summer because of it, but how they handled it is why they will have a good chance at bringing in more through other means. Even if it means this teams takes a step back, it's nice to know it was for the right reasons.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Kruger is gone, Crow could be gone depending on what Panik and Darling want.

Of course this relies on where the cap goes.

If it goes up to 75-76 the Hawks could be fine.

The most the Hawks will lose is Darling.... I don't see the Hawks letting Panik go. But Darling being a Chicago guy could take one for the team and sign a 1 year deal at 2 per if he's not guaranteed a starting role somewhere else.

The Hawks cap problem isn't nearly as bad as it was several years back.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Worth every penny for us fans that remember our heroes getting shipped out of town in the $Bill days. Hawks will end up losing talent in the summer because of it, but how they handled it is why they will have a good chance at bringing in more through other means. Even if it means this teams takes a step back, it's nice to know it was for the right reasons.

Yep you can't exactly complain that your cap woes are caused by performances. We leaf fans have had to watch our cap get eaten up by Clark sons and buyouts

Who do u think they will lose this year?

Savardian Spinorama

Mar 29, 2011
Chicago
Yep you can't exactly complain that your cap woes are caused by performances. We leaf fans have had to watch our cap get eaten up by Clark sons and buyouts

Who do u think they will lose this year?

I think many fans would like to see Crawford or Seabrook moved. Going to be tough to make that happen though. Realistically, Panik and Kruger are probably the most likely subtractions. Tough to make any predictions though, the real season just started and player worth can rise and fall based on a good/bad series alone. For me, the front office has earned my trust. Sure they don't win every move they make, but they are always left with enough to remain the hunt.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Panarin is such a good player. As to Chicago's cap issues they'll figure it out, they always do.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think many fans would like to see Crawford or Seabrook moved. Going to be tough to make that happen though. Realistically, Panik and Kruger are probably the most likely subtractions. Tough to make any predictions though, the real season just started and player worth can rise and fall based on a good/bad series alone. For me, the front office has earned my trust. Sure they don't win every move they make, but they are always left with enough to remain the hunt.

Yeah but no GM does, and I understand it's not a thing they especially push for either, because trying to always end up on the top of the heap is just gonna price yourself out of the trade actions. There's necessarily an element of collegiality between the GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad