Speculation: Panarin back to Chicago

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Why would he go back there? The GM badly undervalued him and traded him in a terrible move and the team is worse now than when he left.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Columbus is a sick town. The people are chill and down to earth.

Why all the hate, again?

As for Bread, the Hawks score enough. Is he gonna play defense?

Nothing wrong with columbus. But comparing it to Chicago is silly. As silly as saying edmonton is on par with Toronto.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Why would he go back there? The GM badly undervalued him and traded him in a terrible move and the team is worse now than when he left.
we couldn't afford him at that time and we now can....and his bff's are Kaner and Anisimov...so the odds I would say are highest for Chicago over anywhere else, he loved it here.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013

There was a Panarin quote awhile ago where he stated that he understood it was just business. Didn't sound like he held a grudge or bad feelings. However, I'm sure if he comes back he's gonna insist on a NMC.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
chicago

full of murder and crime, horrible winters, and traffic

all for a high cost of living

not a nice place at all

lol, you think everyone, all over chicago is dodging stray bullets as they walk out of houses in neighborhoods like river north, lincoln park, wicker park, gold coast, etc?

chicago has two very concentrated areas of violence (like most major cities) in the very west and very south sides of chicago, and if you are at all familiar with the city limits (which are huge) it is no where close to where most of the population lives and works every day

its a non issue, panarin wouldnt be getting a penthouse in garfield park

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
chicago

not a nice place at all

I’m lucky to have survived my commute back from work today. If I could afford to leave this nightmare I would, but all my money goes to rent.

I hate the city pissing contests that go on in these types of threads. It’s such a bad look.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
chicago

not a nice place at all

City with millions of people has more raw crime totals than city that only has 100,000 people. You have proved you are a Du(m)bass genius once again

tenor.gif

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
City with millions of people has more raw crime totals than city that only has 100,000 people. You have proved you are a Du(m)bass genius once again

tenor.gif

The raw totals for Chicago are definitely bad and alarming. But as you mentioned, Chicago is a massive city not only in population but also coverage area.

If anyone really looked beyond the murder totals, in terms of violent crime rates, Chicago doesn't hold a candle to cities like Memphis, Detroit, Baltimore, Kansas City, cleveland, and especially St Louis which has a murder rate about 3x worse than Chicago but nobody exactly touts that about people signing with the blues.

St Louis has 60 homicides per 100,000 people whereas Chicago is ~23 per 100k

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Columbus is a fine city to live. It's not as big as Chicago, but some people prefer it that way. Bread, from his interviews and the fact he wants out, seems to prefer a bigger city.

No need to measure dick sizes here. Both cities are fine places to live.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016

tenor.gif

LOL no matter what i post i can always count on a response from you

my cousin was riding her bike in chicago and got run over by an illegal alien, the alien got off and she got stuck with the bill and permanent injuries

Reactions: Dornhoeffer

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
LOL no matter what i post i can always count on a response from you

my cousin was riding her bike in chicago and got run over by an illegal alien, the alien got off and she got stuck with the bill and permanent injuries

Why didn't the Men in Black step in???

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
that's true though chicago is the worst of all

what can i do in chicago that i can't do anywhere else? what is the appeal other than the "glamour" of a big city?

I love how you are openly told how there are much more dangerous cities but your head is so far up your own rear side that you keep running with how its the most dangerous. You sure are showing everyone that you graduated with honors at clown college.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Hawks can’t afford to spend assets to acquire him. If he signs with them it’s in the offseason.

I actually think him and Brobrovsky would make them SC contenders again and suggested as much in another thread. Hawks have a ton of cap space, they would need to move Crawford out but it’s likely that might garner a decent pick but tough to gage given his injury history. They already have a decent B option in the kid. Could be interesting.
Just curious where all this cap space is coming from? It would cost around 15-17 mill to sign both. Who in their right mind would take Crawford? he done. Plus you have Strome and debrincat in 2020 to resign. So unless I'm missing some massive contracts coming off the books any deal with Hawks will be the same amount going both ways. nice dream tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad