Speculation: Panarin back to Chicago

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Hawks can’t afford to spend assets to acquire him. If he signs with them it’s in the offseason.

I actually think him and Brobrovsky would make them SC contenders again and suggested as much in another thread. Hawks have a ton of cap space, they would need to move Crawford out but it’s likely that might garner a decent pick but tough to gage given his injury history. They already have a decent B option in the kid. Could be interesting.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I feel worse for CHI fans then I do CBJ fans because we understand he likely isnt staying here and we are 100x more likely to keep him then him going back to Chicago but they dont see it... poor little fellas.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Hawks can’t afford to spend assets to acquire him. If he signs with them it’s in the offseason.

I actually think him and Brobrovsky would make them SC contenders again and suggested as much in another thread. Hawks have a ton of cap space, they would need to move Crawford out but it’s likely that might garner a decent pick but tough to gage given his injury history. They already have a decent B option in the kid. Could be interesting.

Honestly, given the age of the core, and how hot Kane is playing right now, if it's not absolutely crazy why not go for it? Too many people on hfboards value the build over the result.

Reactions: 46zone

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What is Panarin doing still needing a translator at this point?
He doesnt they joke about it all the time. He is just kinda self conscious about it and it makes it easier to not have to deal with media he is a shy/introverted guy when it comes to media.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He doesnt they joke about it all the time. He is just kinda self conscious about it and it makes it easier to not have to deal with media he is a shy/introverted guy when it comes to media.

Alexander Semin all over again. That worked out so well for him. smh

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I feel worse for CHI fans then I do CBJ fans because we understand he likely isnt staying here and we are 100x more likely to keep him then him going back to Chicago but they dont see it... poor little fellas.

Well, you’re at 0% probability and Hawks are at non-zero, so probably want to go back to the drawing board on this one...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks traded Saad to Columbus to free cap space for Panarin.

Then traded Panarin to Columbus, for Saad, because they couldn't pay him.

Wonder if Panarin will ever play with Saad, or they'll trade him again to free, again, cap space to, again, sign Panarin as a UFA.

Hawks didnt trade Saad to sign Panarin. Panarin came into the league on an entry level deal.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Tripp Longfellow

Feb 12, 2009
Canada

Hmmmm... I’d feel worse for CBJ fans as they have never even won a playoff round before...That and most of them live in Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->