Speculation: Panarin back to Chicago

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Most Hawks fans realize and know that while we have a shot at signing Panarin that is far far from a done deal. I personally wouldn’t put us as the favorites to sign him but I think the odds are better than Columbus at this point.

Columbus is a nice city and a great place to raise a family. It actually has some great resturants. It is not Chicago but it is not trying to be Chicago. Columbus reminds me a lot of Minneapolis to be honest.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So Columbus is just as good of a city as nyc, LA, Chicago, etc thanks to the invention of Amazon and the internet?

Lol, mmmmkkk
LA at least has climate and beaches.

NYC isn't bad but the cost of living sucks.

And let's be honest, most people aren't clubbing and eating at high end restaurants regularly.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Panarin does not fit in the cap for the Hawks. Signing him would put the Hawks back into "cap hell" where they have to unload assets to stay under the cap. The Hawks are in the top-10 in scoring goals, but they are the worse team in the league at giving up goals. The $9M-$10M to sign Panarin would be better spent on a solid d-man and a mid-tier forward.

That's smart thinking. It might not bite hugely this summer but in 2 years both Strome and DeBrincat are going to need healthy raises if they continue their development. That will be money well spent, but if they're getting 6+ million in two summers, and the Hawks already have 3 forwards making 10M+ in AAV, that gets pretty top heavy again, in a hurry.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Where do the priorities lie in this thread, boys? Stick measuring about what city is better to be?

Basically. I hate to say it, but the mods have their work cut out for them with some of the lame crap going on in here. There's nothing quite as sad as feeling you need to crap on an entire metro area so you can feel as if you won some meaningless debate.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I didn't realize you have 22 Michelin Star restaurants in Columbus.
I don't have to eat at a Michelin starred restaurant to have a very nice dinner...

Seriously, nobody lives like that. Stop pretending.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Chicago: I'll give you Panarin for Saad.
Columbus: Okay!
Chicago *knocks out Columbus* 2 years later
NHL: Wha.... what are you doing?
Chicago: Now we have both Panarin and Saad.

I'm expecting him to sign elsewhere though.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Columbus is a sick town. The people are chill and down to earth.

Why all the hate, again?

As for Bread, the Hawks score enough. Is he gonna play defense?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I’d like to see him back with the Hawks to reignite the best Bromance in the league, and see the Hawks have a stupid forward group again. Scoring isn’t the problem in Chicago though, so if he doesn’t come back or Bowman doesn’t think it’s a good idea, I won’t be too mad. That said, if we trade Anisimov and/or Saad, I think it could work since the Hawks have some damn good D prospects.

Also, this talk about the city of Columbus is silly. I’m a Hawks fan that grew up near Columbus. The Short North is awesome, and some of the surrounding area is a great place to live, especially for high income families. I’d love to live in Chicago at some point, but if you’re making millions of dollars a year, there’s plenty of great places to live and things do in both cities.

Reactions: Viqsi and Crede777

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
As someone who’s lived in both Columbus and Chicago (and, ironically, South Bend, since it was mentioned), lots of ignorant comments in this thread (including Mikey’s against Chicago. I’m presuming Panarin neither is in a gang nor enjoyed spending his free time walking the streets of Englewood/Garfield Park. But maybe I’m wrong on that and Mikey has a point.)

Reactions: FeatherHead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad