Panarin and Radulov dominating the NHL

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What's astonishing to me is how people can think a topic on a hockey forum about whether players are "dominating" in the NHL connects to other Leagues or politics (seems to me more like those comments connect to a person's personal bias/need to make unrelated arguments)

No. I'll let you figure it out, though. No sense in me getting reported on here. Lol

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Radulov isn't "dominating" the NHL. But so far this season he's shown that he's the best player on the ice the majority of his shifts. That's more than we could have asked when we signed him. He really toys with other players when he's on the ice - it's like watching a globetrotter at times. His stat line isn't as good as it could be because he's lacked finish and has been too generous at times imo. His 'speed' isn't great either - so typically he dominates the play by being a bull on the puck and having elite playmaking vision.

By far my favorite UFA signing the habs have made in my lifetime. Personally I wouldn't feel the need to make a thread or an outlandish comment about him "dominating" the NHL... But he's been clearly our best & most consistent forward (by a good margin I'd say) and an absolute workhorse. I'm happy that the signing worked out FAR better than the 'experts' predicted.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
What's astonishing to me is how people can think a topic on a hockey forum about whether players are "dominating" in the NHL connects to other Leagues or politics (seems to me more like those comments connect to a person's personal bias/need to make unrelated arguments)

Connection to politics? No. I think ChiHawks10 was just poking fun of the bias of some people.
Connection to other leagues? Certainly. Read the OP.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Connection to politics? No. I think ChiHawks10 was just poking fun of the bias of some people.
Connection to other leagues? Certainly. Read the OP.
Ah, OK.....I went off the thread title (no mention of other Leagues/politics) and almost all of the posts I read (taking issue with the "dominating in the NHL" phrase and not mentioning other Leagues/politics)

I first noticed there were top players in/from "other Leagues" when I first started following hockey in the 1970s.....I myself see two different biases: those biased enough to suggest talent only comes from and/or exists in NA and those that have a need to suggest a significant number of people think that talent only comes from and/or exists in NA; IMO the latter is claimed far more than the former...I actually rarely see the former actually stated, but regularly see the latter posted

Having now read the OP, IMO the KHL is not full of players like Panarin and Radulov regardless if you label them as potentially good/great NHLers or "dominating" NHLers (IMO the discussion about two players doesn't "prove" much or indicate any significant change in how the KHL is looked at by the NHL compared to recent years/decades...top players from Russia's top League have been coming to NA for a quarter century, it's not a new phenomenon)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad