Friedman: Palmieri re-signing with the Islanders

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He was a great fit. Pageau and Palmieri were well worth the 1sts we gave up. They became more than rentals.
I’m just hoping the contract isn’t too crazy. The hyman contract scares the hell out of me.

Reactions: buud and sebsisles

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Long-term for Lou means 8 years...3m cap hit to keep it down. I'm guessing 4.5 per for 4 years, 4 per for 5 years

Touch of an overpay but "necessary".

Makes some sense. IDK, I feel like if Palmieri signed with AAV of 3.75 mil or an AAV of 6 mil, I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'm not sure his AAV is less than his last contract though with term. He wasn't as good last season, but we're talking about a guy that paced 25-30 goals in the five previous seasons.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lou gets the rental and the player to sign. Good asset management if the contract is a fair one. Eberle money gets transferred to Palmieri. Based on playoff play, this was a good asset management move by the Isles. Palmieri fits the Isles style of play better than Eberle.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i like him. glad he's back. if he replaces Eberle, i'm good. i'm sure that Wally will get a shot with Barzal, at some point. at least, i'd like to see it.

$5 mil and under, and i'm happy.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
He was a good fit last year and more of a Trotz player... and now the dilemna begins, with the facial hair policy... I think he is going to have to shave between periods.

Reactions: Olliemets

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So is Parise gonna sign a <$1m deal then?
Where are all these forwards slotting?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
So is Parise gonna sign a <$1m deal then?
Where are all these forwards slotting?

The most likely way to begin is:

Lee-Barzal-Palmieri
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Parise-Pageau-Wahlstrom

The first line has 2 physical finishers to compliment Barzal. The second line has been together for some time. And Pageau-Wahlstrom found success together last year. But all of these wingers could be slotted around in different ways. I think that's part of the point - Palmieri can play more roles than Eberle could. The only player int he lineup NYI need to shelter defensively is Wahlstrom, at least at the moment. But he made a ton of progress on that front last year.

Reactions: buud

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
So is Palmieri to the Islanders a done deal that Lou has locked in a drawer? Or is there a possibility he still goes elsewhere? Av's still need a good winger and he is one of the few left.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I mean, it's almost certain now that Palmieri/Cizikas/Parise/probably Zajac are going to be in the Isles column, but Lou and said group are likely colluding to see how each contract will work around the Beauvillier/Sorokin/Pelech extensions.

Reactions: McDonald19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad