Confirmed with Link: Palmieri Added to Team USA World Cup Roster

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kessel had hand surgery, guys. Otherwise I'm sure he would've been the guy.

Also, Kessel was probably the best player in Sochi. That's why it is so weird he wasn't on the initial roster, but Torts is gonna Torts.
From what I understand, Kessel's wrist injury has been known practically all of last season...it might've been the reason he wasn't initially chosen.

I heard Jim Rutherford on XM radio last week say Kessel didn't want the media to know because he didn't want to answer questions or make excuses but he was injured for most of the year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
From what I understand, Kessel's wrist injury has been known practically all of last season...it might've been the reason he wasn't initially chosen.

I heard Jim Rutherford on XM radio last week say Kessel didn't want the media to know because he didn't want to answer questions or make excuses but he was injured for most of the year.

I'm other words, he was giving the finger to the Toronto writers who complained about him being soft and out of shape.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ

I'm other words, he was giving the finger to the Toronto writers who complained about him being soft and out of shape.

I know he's from Wisconsin, but I think Kessel should use his day with the cup to have a parade down Yonge Street.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
If he's not its a mistake. Simple as that. He is the best US goalie, hands down.

When Buccigross and Steve Levy were discussing the roster release on espn, they had Bishop and Quick battling for the starting job. Not a single mention of Schneider.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick would only be starting because of a reputation that's 3-4 years old.

Bishop would only be starting because he plays on a stacked team and this deceives lazy-minded people into thinking that he's better.

He was very good last year, but Cory is still better.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I want as few of our guys going to this little peewee tourney as possible. Hope Schneider gets to stay home.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want as few of our guys going to this little peewee tourney as possible. Hope Schneider gets to stay home.

I see it that way too.

I kind of hope they do just let Quick start due to his reputation, and give Cory and Bishop a start each. I don't think that roster is winning anything anyway.

I'd still like to know why this tournament starts in September and not the end of August. If someone gets injured there, I expect GM's to speak up and say they aren't happy about it starting that late. It's a disgrace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad