WWE: Paige has quit WWE [UPD: Paige did not quit WWE]

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Here's the thing with this weird timeline:

- a few weeks ago, WWE was set to fire her but they had a change of heart.
- shortly after that, Paige actually DID quit the company and did get legal counsel, but after receiving advice she obviously didn't quit - her contract is until 2019 and as we know, most contracts specify a certain number of dates that must be worked and Paige is probably nowhere near that number compared to someone like Punk who exceeded the number when he left the company.
- Paige's suspension is up, but she's not cleared to return yet but she will return upon being cleared which could be this weekend for all we know.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Paige can wrestle up there with the Four Horsewomen but her time on he main roster before they arrived hurt her skills substantially as she was pretty much forced to work less impressive styles and with lesser workers for so long that it rubbed off on her. Despite that, she managed to stay over despite idiotic booking and random face/heel turns every week. I maintain she should've been involved with the Horsewomen after the stables broke up as I think she's as good as Becky but nah - didn't happen. I'd be mad too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Paige is fine when she's just playing the part of a wrestler. Her reality show stints have really hurt her appeal to most of the people that really liked her before and when she came up. Because now the things talked about with Paige are entirely outside the ring issues and she's a damn good performer to where that shouldn't be happening. She absolutely should be in the same breath as Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, and Bayley.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
But we have the hottest feud ever between Nia and Foxy

i guess when I look at it, I see it as

RAW

Charlotte, Bailey, Sasha, Dana, Nia, then everyone else for showcasing

SMACKDOWN

Baecky, Bella, Natalia, then a LOT of green in Carmella and Bliss...then meh...

so to me, Paige can help greatly there with the two green up and comers and not put so much pressure on them to succeed when the crowd is mild at best on both so far...(better for Bliss than Carmella)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I still don't understand why people see Bliss as green. She's not green. She gets it and does it very well.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I still don't understand why people see Bliss as green. She's not green. She gets it and does it very well.
When she's in the ring with someone who's actually good like Becky, then it's clear she's very much a step behind and can't keep up.

She's not bad or anything, just needs to work more and she'll get better.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
IDK, I think she's sloppy and is just ok...she isn't botching things left and right, but I think she's just ok...

I don't see the sloppiness that you do.

When she's in the ring with someone who's actually good like Becky, then it's clear she's very much a step behind and can't keep up.

I'm not saying that she's already the best or among the best but she's good and her character works very well. I think she's gotten to the point where green doesn't fit as a description for her at all. She doesn't wrestle like she's green. She doesn't perform like she's green. She's not at the upper level yet but she's not green either. Like Eva Marie is what I see as green.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This. She just needs to get comfortable. She has all the talent. Just needs some seasoning.

Both divisions are shallow right now. They are pretty set at the top but outside of the first feud the talent drops off a cliff.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

probably a better way of putting it...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alexa is a good worker in the ring, she just seems clunky at times when it comes to doing her spots.

Becky does sometimes as well, I don't think Alexa is that far behind her.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
I value charisma over in ring talent (unless the wrestler is REALLY bad in the ring).

Therefore, I think Bliss would make a wayyyy better champ than Becky Lynch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why I don't think green is an insult. You can be talented and green at the same time.

Green or not I much prefer Bliss over an experienced hand like Nattie.

It's not necessarily an insult. I just don't think it fits. In this context, it's just being deficient in training, knowledge, or experience and given where she's at right now, I don't think it applies to her.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Smackdowns women's wrestling problem is quantity over quality. The only ones capable of having an ACTUAL match is Lynch and Bliss. Natalya is decent too despite her charisma can be likened to everyone leaving the room. Eva never shows up and just got suspended, Nikki is awful but over for some reason, Naomi only serves to come out so Otunga can hit on her and slobber on himself every chance he gets and Carmella is so bad I'm sure she could actually somehow screw up a playboy pillow fight.

If Paige isn't actually gone then they need her so bad it's not even funny. Paige on Raw would put 4 of the company's 5 best female talents on the same show. Becky is like a goddamn blue whale in a tank filled with goldfish and two small sharks name Nattie and Bliss.

Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Nia Jax, Alicia and Dana are MORE than enough for Raw. They just need to stop giving Charlotte, Sasha and Dana 89% of the women's air time with the other 1% going to Nia Jax and the remaining 10% to Bayley. Stop running these stupid Darren Young/Titus O' Neil segments, pointless Strowman squashes, any and ALL Gallows/Anderson mic time and you'll have enough time for more women's wrestling in Raw.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Eva Marie > Natalya, I'm not even kidding. Natalya is the worst.

Charlotte
Sasha
Becky
Bayley
Bliss

Those are my top 5 right now on the main roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00