WWE: Paige has quit WWE [UPD: Paige did not quit WWE]

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
maybe someone talked some sense into her and told her to not quit a 6 figure job?

Well, we don't really know how close she really was to quitting if at all. It's also possible she does want to quit and her contract will prevent her from doing meaningful work for some time. Maybe that's what all that legal representation thing was about possibly including the Wellness Policy violation and seeing what her options were there. There's just not enough out there to really get a good idea of where she was with all this. She could be in the AJ Lee spot now but AJ didn't have to deal with Wellness Policy violations or any attempt, subtle or otherwise, to break up her relationship with Punk nor was she getting buried. Paige is likely in a worse position with seemingly less of the poise and maturity that AJ seemed to have.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
How many women are pulling down 6 digits in the indies?

If TNA had any money left they would pay her triple digits in a heartbeat
and she doesn't have to get a contract for triple digits off the bat anyway. she could do indy shows for $5000 a pop or something. She has built a big enough resume to command that.

i don't know that she in particular, could easily make that type of money. especially not knowing what restrictions would be placed on her for quitting WWE

Restrictions because WWE tried to bully her? If anything indy promotions would love that she stood up to them.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
if you're late to a test, you fail the test...I have known a few ppl that that's happened to...traffic or some other reason they showed up late

Certainly. It's just funny to see EVERY failed result come out with a similar excuse.

Prescribed by a doctor, paperwork issue, etc.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If TNA had any money left they would pay her triple digits in a heartbeat
and she doesn't have to get a contract for triple digits off the bat anyway. she could do indy shows for $5000 a pop or something. She has built a big enough resume to command that.

Restrictions because WWE tried to bully her? If anything indy promotions would love that she stood up to them.

Not even Alberto Del Rio and Ryback are commanding $5000 a show. I'm pretty sure Ryback is at $4000 depending on the company and Alberto Del Rio at $4500 a show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer confirmed Paige quit earlier in the week but backed off after getting some advice and people getting in her ear. It wouldn't be a good idea, because she's not like AJ Lee where they were suing her husband. Paige would be sitting at home doing nothing for years since her contract is up in 2019 and she (I'm assuming) has plenty of dates on her deal that she has to fulfill before she can leave like Punk did.

Meltzer said he had heard they went to Paige's home to get the test, but she wasn't there. They don't usually go out there to injured wrestlers' homes to do the test, so Meltzer wonders if they were "out to get her" since it doesn't happen too often. Paige didn't do the test the day after, it was more like 6 days later or something like that.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Meltzer confirmed Paige quit earlier in the week but backed off after getting some advice and people getting in her ear. It wouldn't be a good idea, because she's not like AJ Lee where they were suing her husband. Paige would be sitting at home doing nothing for years since her contract is up in 2019 and she (I'm assuming) has plenty of dates on her deal that she has to fulfill before she can leave like Punk did.

Meltzer said he had heard they went to Paige's home to get the test, but she wasn't there. They don't usually go out there to injured wrestlers' homes to do the test, so Meltzer wonders if they were "out to get her" since it doesn't happen too often. Paige didn't do the test the day after, it was more like 6 days later or something like that.

after a quick google search, ADR was getting paid $5000 for indy gigs in 2015. I don't know what he is asking for now.

I'm not even going to look up rybotch because he's not even half the worker del rio is.

I was just throwing out a random number for paige. maybe she gets like $3000 an appearance.

Not only did she build up a decent career in WWE with multiple titles and good in-ring skill but her family is one of the most famous in the world out of the US. People would be stupid not to book her, honestly.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Wonder what's going to happen to Paige in ring
Surely she's got quite a lot of heat for wanting to quit and this whole incident

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not even Alberto Del Rio and Ryback are commanding $5000 a show. I'm pretty sure Ryback is at $4000 depending on the company and Alberto Del Rio at $4500 a show.
Ryback is more like $1500 once the medical bill for his opponent is factored in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad