WWE: Paige has quit WWE [UPD: Paige did not quit WWE]

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Oh Paige.......

Just to add to that. Theyve completely wasted an amazing talent with her. I will never forgive Total Divas....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We all knew where this was headed but it's still disappointing that it's come to this

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Man I hope she wasn't to hasty with this or she could be in for a rough time.

I doubt she's in for a rough time. She's going to have options on the indies and WWE will forgive her at some point and she will too. She's young and she'll get over whatever issues she has right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
She was never going to be properly utilized in the company again anyways. As far as WWE's concerned, at least on Raw, the women's division consists of Sasha, Bayley and Charlotte. Paige was the fall girl to put all of them over last year.

She'll have many more opportunities on the indies to put on great performances and make money, plus do modeling without having to worry about any of the WWE garbage.

4thdoctor

Jan 28, 2014
She'll be back. Most do and are welcome unless you chuck a title in a trash can.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Will they though? They won't have to.

Of course they will. It's rare for WWE to hold a grudge to such a point that they never want to rehire someone. And most of this angst seems to be coming from Paige's side more than it is WWE. Eventually she'll probably break it off with ADR and she'll want to come back. She's only 24.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Recent history has shown that most of the women really only get a year or two at the top of the mountain before they're seen as old news. Paige was already at that point. In a few years, you'll have a few more classes of NXT turning out new wrestlers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
^ No doubt. She had the title 3 times before she turned 22 or something like that, ffs.

She'll be back. Most do and are welcome unless you chuck a title in a trash can.

Would she want to go back? This company, although they didn't say it straight out, implied that they'd fire her if she didn't end the relationship with Del Rio. You can't do that legally, for one, and secondly, it's a ****** thing to even suggest.

Paige has a name now and she's talented enough to make money on the indies instead doing half the travel the WWE requires.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well since she quit and has a legal team doesn't this mean that she has a non-compete clause in effect that needs to be fought first before she can go wrestle elsewhere?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well since she quit and has a legal team doesn't this mean that she has a non-compete clause in effect that needs to be fought first before she can go wrestle elsewhere?

She has a legal team so they don't try to Mysterio her and "freeze" her contract until she comes back to work and finish it off.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean we talk about hall of famers like Lita and Trish like they were around forever, both were in by the end of 2000 and were out by the end of 2006, and Lita spent some long stretches injured. Alundra Blayze was around for less than 3 years in WWE as well. The shelf life is so short typically (Alicia Fox actually has been around forever), WWE might forgive Paige, but Paige is going to give them a reason to bring her back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean we talk about hall of famers like Lita and Trish like they were around forever, both were in by the end of 2000 and were out by the end of 2006, and Lita spent some long stretches injured. Alundra Blayze was around for less than 3 years in WWE as well. The shelf life is so short typically (Alicia Fox actually has been around forever), WWE might forgive Paige, but Paige is going to give them a reason to bring her back.

Ya I'm not in the camp that thinks she will be back, or that the company will even care enough to want her back.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can't remember many women WWE have brought back that weren't considered legends like Trish or Lita.

I can't imagine Paige would be back.

There still very much is a double standard. Male wrestlers that leave the company and make a name for themselves on the indies will be brought back. Females? Unless you're considered a legend, the odds of being brought back are very low.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I swear to god if they remove her from WWE 2k17 over this I'm going to be pissed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't remember many women WWE have brought back that weren't considered legends like Trish or Lita.

I can't imagine Paige would be back.

There still very much is a double standard. Male wrestlers that leave the company and make a name for themselves on the indies will be brought back. Females? Unless you're considered a legend, the odds of being brought back are very low.

Also, some of the models-turned-wrestlers figure out 'wait i'm really a model' and go back to doing it. Maryse was the only one who came back, and it's not like she's wrestling, rather a valet for her husband.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Should have broken up with Del Rio.

Did Del Rio divorce his wife quietly?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The Diva XXX IWC must be in shambles now. Where will they get their fix of paige now? :sarcasm:

This is really stupid, though. Pissing away talent because they couldn't stand who she wanted to bang behind closed doors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad