News: Pagnotta: Flames in trade talks to move G Dan Vladar

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Don't really want anything from San Jose. :sarcasm:

Since April, the rumoured ask has been a draft pick. Start there.
Thank you, but I talked to my fellow Sharks and they said it’s better if we roll with our current goalies. Not much of a difference apparently.

I had a new offer in mind, would you guys be infested in Hoffman at 2.25mil for a pick? It’s actually good value in my eyes, I just don’t see us taking the next step this year and making playoffs

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
When he signed that contract I thought it was fantastic. First year and a half he did great but he fell apart when Markstrom also fell apart last year.

God that was rough

Whoever takes him will probably love the guy

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
When he signed that contract I thought it was fantastic. First year and a half he did great but he fell apart when Markstrom also fell apart last year.

God that was rough

Vladar really only had an awful stretch of 10 periods of hockey in February that coincided with the Flames team as a whole playing by far it's worst hockey of the year. The problem is after that - Darryl Sutter completely barred him from playing as he only started one of the remaining 20 games of the year. Keep in mind this came on the heels of Vladar having an 11-0-2 record in his previous 13 starts prior to February..

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We need to fire our goaltending staff. It's obscene how bad of a record they have. No one improves, everyone gets worse.

December last year he looked like a 1B, now like wtf, do we buy him out?

I've been saying for years that it would be a dream to steal Ian Clark from Vancouver. Steal someone from any team? IMO Ian Clark. Goalies would perform great. He'd create a pipeline from which we can trade for value....

Vancouver has a really good one.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I've been saying for years that it would be a dream to steal Ian Clark from Vancouver. Steal someone from any team? IMO Ian Clark. Goalies would perform great. He'd create a pipeline from which we can trade for value....

Start of last year I thought we had a top 5 tandem. Now I'm praying for Wolf.

Hopefully the staff is changed when he comes up.

Reactions: Fig

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I wonder if there's a three team trade here between CGY-BOS-NJD?

Ullmark to NJD, Vanacek to CGY, Vladar to BOS as a 1B behind Swayman. Additional assets going to BOS from CGY and NJD.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wonder if there's a three team trade here between CGY-BOS-NJD?

Ullmark to NJD, Vanacek to CGY, Vladar to BOS as a 1B behind Swayman. Additional assets going to BOS from CGY and NJD.

Calgary's logic is that we're trying to make room for Wolf. Vanacek doesn't really accomplish that.

Reactions: deleted user

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Calgary's logic is that we're trying to make room for Wolf. Vanacek doesn't really accomplish that.
I forgot about Wolf. I guess it would just be easier to NJD to deal with BOS directly.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
We need to fire our goaltending staff. It's obscene how bad of a record they have. No one improves, everyone gets worse.

I mean, it was only five games at the time, but showcasing him against a very hot Red Wings team was maybe not the best move either.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I forgot about Wolf. I guess it would just be easier to NJD to deal with BOS directly.

The logic doesn't hurt if the Flames are getting a good goalie that needs another few years in the AHL and can hop up for the occasional handful of games and not look out of place if injuries. But roster goalie, that doesn't work for us.

And was it intentional that you were trying to send Vladar back to Boston?

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
The logic doesn't hurt if the Flames are getting a good goalie that needs another few years in the AHL and can hop up for the occasional handful of games and not look out of place if injuries. But roster goalie, that doesn't work for us.

And was it intentional that you were trying to send Vladar back to Boston?
Yes. My thinking was that they might want to have a goalie that would allow them to ease Swayman into a starter role (i.e. a 1B goalie). I think Vladar could be that when he isn't playing behind a not so great team.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata

I’ve said this so many times too. They need to gut the whole goalie dev dept and fire their G coach Sigalet. The last goalie that Calgary drafted and developed was Trevor Kidd. They’ve hand more than a handful of fairly high end G prospects and never been able to develop a single one.

You keep your grubby hands off of Ian Clark. You took Marx, Tanev, Toffoli etc etc. The buck stops at Ian Clark.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’ve said this so many times too. They need to gut the whole goalie dev dept and fire their G coach Sigalet. The last goalie that Calgary drafted and developed was Trevor Kidd. They’ve hand more than a handful of fairly high end G prospects and never been able to develop a single one.

You keep your grubby hands off of Ian Clark. You took Marx, Tanev, Toffoli etc etc. The buck stops at Ian Clark.

You know what you have then. But to be clear...

I wanted Clark or Korn years even before we got those other guys. This amplified after Bob and Marky struggled away from Clark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad