News: Pagnotta: Flames in trade talks to move G Dan Vladar

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Not a big surprise as they need to make room for Wolf. But who needs a goalie with a $2.5 million cap hit?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
What’s he going to return though?? Likely not much. So why move him? They’ve obviously been down this road before with him. Not sure a week into the season his going to change anything.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
What’s he going to return though?? Likely not much. So why move him? They’ve obviously been down this road before with him. Not sure a week into the season his going to change anything.
I think the point of moving him is to graduate wolf from ahl to backup markstrom

Reactions: Petes2424

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Not sure he is better than what they have, especially considering his contract.

I mean, better than Johansson is a very low bar to have to clear, but I definitely don’t think Tampa will want to screw up its cap structure to fix a problem that will solve itself when Vasilevskiy gets healthy in any event.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
"A move is not imminent, please click around on my page a lot, and like and subscribe."
Pretty much it. They new in the offseason they needed to make room for Wolf so why didn't anything happen then? This does seem like somebody taking an obvious piece of information and trying to generate some looks.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He is a good goalie.

His save pencentages were really weird. In games where the Flames had more than a 1 goal lead his sv% was terrible. But in close games it was very high. Hence why he wins a lot of hockey games. Solid 1B guy. Based on some of the guys getting marched out there every day, he absolutely should be picked up by someone.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Wow didn't realize Vladar had an extra year at 2.2 m. That limits his market significantly if a team is looking for a stopgap. Seems like the window to move him has closed. They should just waive Vladar, I don't think he'd get claimed.
He is 27-12-7 in his Calgary time. That is a 108 point pace.. You don't think he'd get claimed with some of the trash playing regularly? OK

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
He is 27-12-7 in his Calgary time. You don't think he'd get claimed with some of the trash playing regularly? OK
The extra year at 2.2m severely limits the interest. Only a few teams can even add an extra 1.5 m in cap hit this year. I think the Devils could actually if they wanted three goalies (in vogue at the moment), but the extra year when Schmid would be waiver eligible and due a raise just kills that for illustration.

Edit: Seems like Schmid is actually two years away from waiver eligibility, regardless the plan is for him to be full time next year for sure assuming he handles this season well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad