Pageau looks like a star

Milan the God*

When he was called up last year, a lot of people were left scratching their heads. Including me. In a time where the team needed offense, and fast, the club calls up a 20 year old who is scoring below .5pts/g in the AHL?

Since he's come to Ottawa, though, he's looked like a star. In the first game he played it was clear we might have a diamond in the rough here. He brought an element of energy and swagger to the team, and helped out a lot defensively. He's since shown he can be a dangerous player in this league.

Every time I watch him I come away really impressed. He's a workhouse and a gem on the penalty kill. He can use his offensive skillset, along with his defensive IQ to get the puck and prevent the opposing team from touching it. He uses his speed and creativity to create so many scoring chances a game. He's got a sweet set of hands. In the last game, he showed off his one-timing ability, which we hadn't seen in Ottawa yet. Our powerplay actually lacks some one-timing power, although MacArthur seems like he's got a decent one.

Anyways, yeah. Pageau looks like a star at the young age of 20. He could still make improvements, but he's one of the players that seems like he's one of your best players every single night.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
iXk8s4QSOqcYI.gif

source

Jul 13, 2008
When he was called up last year, a lot of people were left scratching their heads. Including me. In a time where the team needed offense, and fast, the club calls up a 20 year old who is scoring below .5pts/g in the AHL?

And at that point in the season, we'd already thrown enough **** at the wall to see if it stuck.

But he started doing things straight away, and we could quickly see he was our best call up all year.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
So far he's one of those guys with such a high level of hockey sense it's hard for him to have bad games.

Might have highest standalone hockey sense on the roster. Sounds crazy, but who else? It ain't Karlsson.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I think that because of his size, he's had to work hard to prove himself at every level. And because of that, he won't take the foot off the gas pedal. I just love his work ethic and drive. He's a gem

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I'll think about agreeing with your post if you mean outside of karlsson.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I'll think about agreeing with your post if you mean outside of karlsson.

If Karlsson didn't have the quickest first couple steps in the game I'm not sure he'd look as brilliant as he does. But that's a tough one to compare, really.

If Condra had Karlsson's talent, wouldn't be surprised if Condra looked smarter. I expect people to have a hard time wrapping their heads around that one, but it certainly isn't crazy.

Take home point, looks like Pageau has upper echelon hockey sense.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If Karlsson didn't have the quickest first couple steps in the game I'm not sure he'd look as brilliant as he does. But that's a tough one to compare, really.

If Condra had Karlsson's talent, wouldn't be surprised if Condra looked smarter. I expect people to have a hard time wrapping their heads around that one, but it certainly isn't crazy.

I was just gonna say Condra is probably the closest to JPG's hockey IQ

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
If Karlsson didn't have the quickest first couple steps in the game I'm not sure he'd look as brilliant as he does.
Stick-handling too. Skating and this never fails Karlsson. As for hockey sense, I would think a Ds hockey sense is different than a forward, but I'd nominate Spezza for hockey sense at forward.

Karlsson's awareness is unreal though. He understands where players are but hockey sense is obviously more than that.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Stick-handling too. Skating and this never fails Karlsson.

Yeah he's got an elite of elite skill set. It's hard to assess hockey sense on a player when you can't blame him for taking risks no one else does because of the talent.

Easier to evaluate hockey sense when it's your defining quality, I think that applies to EC and JGP. JGP to me is what Condra with notable scoring talent is....a player that's gonna make bank.

WhiteLight*

I like to take credit for Condra's new found respect on this board

:sarcasm:

or not :sarcasm:

lol

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
He's got one of the best hockey IQ's I've ever seen along with some of the worst finishing ability I've ever seen. He's a really special player lol

Overall skill/tangible attributes, might be among the worst players in the league. Right there with the goons of the league. Skates like a child.

Will probably make a pretty respectable NHL career. Mistake free possession hockey.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I loved watching him bowl over Reinhardt last night. Just awesome stuff.

FRIEND_4cc29b_979214.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad