Pageau looks like a star

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Pageau reminds me a lot of Alfredsson. The other night on the PK he bowled over some scrub at the opposing blue line, stole the puck and sent it back into our zone to kill an extra 15 seconds of PK time. I just sat there and thought to myself, "that's what Alfie would have done". He's gonna be a pretty special player for us.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Everytime the puck goes back to the blue-line on the PP for the opposing team and Pageau is guarding that guy, I expect a breakaway 30%+ of the time because of how fast and smart Pageau is of stripping players.

That literally speaks volumes of how effective he is as a hockey player. He did that against Toronto and almost did it again last night twice.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Jonah-hill-flailing1_(1)_111.gif

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I find it a little ironic that there were some people here who were worried that Pageau would be sent down to the AHL because we had too many 1-way contracts and he was still waiver exempt.

Looks like we were right to worry about that, but we had the wrong player. I don't think anyone could have guessed he'd make the team over Zibanejad.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Reading this thread makes it seem like Pageau is the second incarnation of Wayne Gretzky.

Our fanbase has the tendency to SEVERELY overrate our players. See Rundblad for example.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
He doesn't nearly have the physical and tangible talents that make Karlsson a potential generational talent. karlsson's smart and thinks on a high level, but it's far from his defining quality. Hockey sense is next to impossible to quantify, but there's an argument to be made. With that said, spouting off like you thnik other people are stupid for suggesting it makes you look like a jack ass.

If you're gonna use facepalm, make sure you're right.

No it doesn't. Karlsson is a proven player in the NHL. Pageau isn't. Pageau has played a handful of games in the NHL.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Reading this thread makes it seem like Pageau is the second incarnation of Wayne Gretzky.

Our fanbase has the tendency to SEVERELY overrate our players. See Rundblad for example.

Except while it is a small sample size.... Every one if Pageau's real NHL games were the biggest games of the year and he played like one of our most effective players in every one of them. All the rookie tournament and exhibition is gravy.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

There's a massive difference from Rundblad looking good in the SEL (and a couple exhibition games) vs. Pageau looking like our best forward on most nights in the NHL playoffs.

I am seeing that a lot around here...10 games is too little a sample size. While I would normally agree, if you look at Pageau's game, and what makes him effective, it's the 110% effort every single shift. What makes player's inconsistent is their inconsistent effort.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Pageau reminds me a lot of Alfredsson. The other night on the PK he bowled over some scrub at the opposing blue line, stole the puck and sent it back into our zone to kill an extra 15 seconds of PK time. I just sat there and thought to myself, "that's what Alfie would have done". He's gonna be a pretty special player for us.

Let him wear his juniour number then. #11. Retire Alfredsson, keep the number active. Pageau will be a satr here a long time. We're used to the 11 a star power.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

He's a player, that's all that's being said. You don't see little guys like that get drafted in the 4th round, and then walk in looking like they have 5 years of experience and heart to go with it. He's the smallest guy on the roster and is virtually the only one who goes to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone on a consistent basis.

Seriously, how can you not love the guy when you see bigger more heralded players driving the zone and letting their shots rip from outside the faceoff dots?

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Are you still allowed to smoke inside the Bob? I haven't been there since I saw the Pixies reunion show like... almost a decade ago... and there was so much smoke I thought that the arena had developed it's own atmosphere, and a cold front was rolling in.

LOL. That was the only time I was ever there as well.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Not to pick on you specifically, but it wouldn't kill Senators fans to come out to The Bob once in a while.

Us Piques fans who followed Pageau's career with Gatineau knew who he was. We all knew about his talent, work ethic, hockey IQ, tenacity. We all remember him outplaying Couturier and going face-to-face with Huberdeau on a stacked St-John team.

But even then, I'm still surprise how well his game translate into the NHL.

Oh and if we could inject Filatov's talent into Condra. Condra would be another Toews, Bergeron or Zetterberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad