Padres unveil new brown and gold uniforms

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The irony is that this idolization of all things 'retro' is in itself kind of a millennial thing that's bound to seem kinda lame and dated to the following generation and those uniforms will once again be switched for something else in like 5 years or so.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Yea, nostalgia for the past is a millenial thing :eyeroll:
Definitely never hear older people talk about going back to the "good ol days", which is most cases weren't really that good.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
Definitely never hear older people talk about going back to the "good ol days", which is most cases weren't really that good.
Yup. Just more "back in my day damn kids" millennial bashing

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Big improvement. Their prior jerseys looked just too basic previously, like they were what you got when you created a franchise in a baseball videogame and that was the default setting (other than their bad camo jerseys).

If you're not a fan of brown, I could get hating that third jersey, but the home and away jerseys are rock solid in my book.

Also, away jerseys that aren't gray!?!? Hell yes, give me more of that. Cubs should have powder blue aways, Phillies should have pink aways, Pittsburgh should have yellow aways, A's should have pale green aways, etc.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Nostalgia for a time you didn't even experience because you were still a glimmer in the eye of your father at the time? Definitely a millennial thing. Retro cult.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00