Proposal: Pacioretty to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Colorado trades Tyson Jost + Connor Timmins + 2020 2nd.

Montreal trades Max Pacioretty signed @ 7.5 x 6 years.

Wow! This is really bad for the AVs.

There are some bad offers and some #%@! so terribly dumb, this has to be removed. At least try to be somewhat reasonable. Just idiotic and insulting to people on this Board.

:huh:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I probably wouldn't do Sprong, but I'd probably top out at Simon and a 1st. I think a fair return for Pacioretty is a 1st plus a NHL ready prospect with middle-6 upside. Sprong's a little too much for me, but it's not like obscenely too much.

I'd do Simon + 1st.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I'd trade a first and ottawa's 3rd at the deadline for him if he rebounded and the av's were playoff bound. Otherwise no need for him. Our team is still not at its peak.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are better off riding what they have this year and see what kids can take the next step.

Pacioretty is better than he was last year, no doubt, but I think many teams are curious to see what he will do this year before being willing to offer him a massive contract.

Reactions: mackinnon29

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m game for using Timmins in a trade with EJ & Barrie already on the senior squad and both Makar & Meloche having promising seasons; but I’m not moving Jost for MaxPac.

Especially since we should be looking for a bigger fish than MaxPac if we do decide to put some of our assets on the table for a star.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Colorado could definitely use some more depth, their lineup is pretty questionable after that 1st line. Pacioretty would make that forward group look a lot better IMO and 1st + Meloche is not a lot to give up.
Avs still don’t want him

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I never knew that the NHL trade deadline is in september ;-)

Wouldn’t be a good comp anyway since the Avs are a young team on the rise, not a vet team trying to take the next step.

Why should the Habs take less in September than they can get at the deadline?

Why should the Habs take less than they can get from a team trying to take the next step?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why should the Habs take less in September than they can get at the deadline?

Why should the Habs take less than they can get from a team trying to take the next step?

They should take no less than they can get for him, but that’s still no reason for the avs to pay any more for him.

They’re not desperate for him, so if some other team wants to overpay for MaxPac, that’s no sweat off of Sakic’s back.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Did you not see the Rick Nash deadline deal?
It wasn’t great. One guy on his way out the door and their 3rd/4th rated dman prospect plus a first. Probably one of those things existed because the Rangers took on part of Belesky’s contract.

Still not terrible I guess. Better than nothing. Which is what several teams ahem Montreal and Ottawa, need to wrap their heads around for the TDL this year.

That said I’d still wait until then to trade Pacioretty. You might find that one team that has injuries/maybe just on the cusp of making the playoffs that will overpay some.

I’m thinking a Minnesota maybe. Carolina might be another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad