Value of: Pacioretty: Sign and Trade

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Your not getting that. No team is willing to give up a top 20 pick for 1 year of a guy who just had 17 goals 37 points. Good luck with that.

What did LA give for Lucic (who had 44 pts in 81 games)? You think Lucic was a better player than Pacioretty?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pacioretty's value is not its greatest given he has only 1 year left. What if he were signed at a 7mil cap hit at 8 years?
That contract would drive his value WAY down from what it already is. Isn't that kind of obvious?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
What did LA give for Lucic (who had 44 pts in 81 games)? You think Lucic was a better player than Pacioretty?
Lucic had a different skill set mainly a is tough as nails and plays a physical in you fave game and scores in the dirty areas. He was also younger and the pick they gave up wasn't a 15 20 ish pick. Physicality was something needed to get through west back then. Patches is neither he us a goal scorer on one year coming off horrible season. He won't fetch a first this year maybe a 2019 first but not that and a top prospect def not a center like mtl wants

Reactions: Laus723

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Lucic had a different skill set mainly a is tough as nails and plays a physical in you fave game and scores in the dirty areas. He was also younger and the pick they gave up wasn't a 15 20 ish pick. Physicality was something needed to get through west back then. Patches is neither he us a goal scorer on one year coming off horrible season. He won't fetch a first this year maybe a 2019 first but not that and a top prospect def not a center like mtl wants

Yea, because goalscoring isn't important in todays game lol

Lucic was traded for pick 13th overall + martin jones + collin miller.

Your post/opinion is flawed and biased from top to bottom

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yea, because goalscoring isn't important in todays game lol

Lucic was traded for pick 13th overall + martin jones + collin miller.

Your post/opinion is flawed and biased from top to bottom
He was a 30 goAL 60 point scorer, is physical and was going to a team that needed his grit.

Martin jones was an Un proven goalie prospeCT besides that the trade was silly. I'm sure some team is going to overpay. Good luck with that.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He was a 30 goAL 60 point scorer, is physical and was going to a team that needed his grit.

Martin jones was an Un proven goalie prospeCT besides that the trade was silly. I'm sure some team is going to overpay. Good luck with that.

Proven enough to get a 1st. Max pacioretty is a proven 30 goal scorer. More then Lucic ever was, stop underrating him to fit your agenda. SYou don't want to pay the price fine, but move on

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Proven enough to get a 1st. Max pacioretty is a proven 30 goal scorer. More then Lucic ever was, stop underrating him to fit your agenda. SYou don't want to pay the price fine, but move on
OK well I guess we will see what he gets. You thinking he is getin a 10-20 pick a a prospect. For 1 year after he just came off worst season ever. Ok good luck with that

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
No because Pacioretty >>> Nash.
What I would want is a mid 1st rounder (11th to 15th) and a good prospect (ex: Heponiemi or Tippett)

Not getting either of those. Not sure why you guys think you would. I could see the first from us if Tallon really wants him, but I’d see Malgin or some other needs a change of scenery guy going with it.

But, I believe you’d get Arizona’s 2nd before you got our first

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014

What?? Jones was traded like a few minutes immediately right after for a 2016 1st rounder and Sean kuraly. Far from an unproven goalie prospect wouldn't you say? Thus, for Looch, Boston got 13th overall 2015, Colin Miller, Sean Kuraly and 29th overall in 2016. Pacioretty doesn't offer the same physicality but he destroyed Lucic in terms of production. Mtl should get better but won't because I can't see Bergevin being that creative.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
What?? Jones was traded like a few minutes immediately right after for a 2016 1st rounder and Sean kuraly. Far from an unproven goalie prospect wouldn't you say? Thus, for Looch, Boston got 13th overall 2015, Colin Miller, Sean Kuraly and 29th overall in 2016. Pacioretty doesn't offer the same physicality but he destroyed Lucic in terms of production. Mtl should get better but won't because I can't see Bergevin being that creative.

Once again Jones was a back up with decent numbers and stuck behind quick. The rest of the guys are nothing. WHat you dont seem to grasp is that lucic was younger, Tons more physical which is a pre-requisite to play in the west. On top of that LA was a contender. SO if you think a Patches deserves more then your welcome to that opinion. We will see what he gets then we can point fingers till then im done with the crazy talk. Also that 3 years ago market values change.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
5760 minutes (4 days later)

Reactions: Accidental Genius

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I don't see any team that will want this guy. The Habs will have to keep him and hope they can get a 2nd rounder for him at the deadline. No team will give up anything of value, no chance.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't see any team that will want this guy. The Habs will have to keep him and hope they can get a 2nd rounder for him at the deadline. No team will give up anything of value, no chance.

I disagree. I think he gets the going rate for a rental of his stature at the deadline, which is a mid-late 1st round pick and a decent prospect. Eric Staal shit the bed in his final year and still got 2 2nd round picks and Alexi Saarela as a return. Andrej Sekera got a 1st and Roland McKeown (former 2nd round pick) as return. etc.. If MTL doesn't get better than that right now, then they'll just hold onto him.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The problem is that there are plenty of UFA wingers and Patches had a terrible year.

I doubt MTL gets a 2018 pick... more like a 2019 1st. I don’t think it matters because with the Canadiens drafting they are going to pick a bust anyhow.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
No because Pacioretty >>> Nash.
What I would want is a mid 1st rounder (11th to 15th) and a good prospect (ex: Heponiemi or Tippett)
You didn’t ask for Borgstrom so props there. You are still way off in value though.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
He is worth more than Nash so I guess a 1st pick, good prospect coming back is not too much asking. I find it funny how people give so much low value for Pacio, the team that will get him will get a pretty good goalscorer and I don’t give a s*** about playoffs stats. He played most of his games with Desharnais, jesus christ! Playing out of Montreal’s pressure will be a big + for him, look at Kessel now

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
He is worth more than Nash so I guess a 1st pick, good prospect coming back is not too much asking. I find it funny how people give so much low value for Pacio, the team that will get him will get a pretty good goalscorer and I don’t give a s*** about playoffs stats. He played most of his games with Desharnais, jesus christ! Playing out of Montreal’s pressure will be a big + for him, look at Kessel now
You are right: playoffs are not important.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Only on HF where a proven 30-goal scorer, close to 40goals twice in the last 5 seasons without a legit #1C, is now worth shit because he had one bad season where the full team sucked balls. He has been without a real #1C his entire career in Montreal, but this year he had no D to help with a decent transition. Probably the same armchair GMs who said Giroux was done after a bad season last year.

Only a 2nd for Pac? give me a break. I'll be the first to eat crow if we get less than a mid-first and a good prospect for him at the draft

Reactions: Runner77

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Watch hockey much?:laugh:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Only on HF where a proven 30-goal scorer, close to 40goals twice in the last 5 seasons without a legit #1C, is now worth **** because he had one bad season where the full team sucked balls. He has been without a real #1C his entire career in Montreal, but this year he had no D to help with a decent transition. Probably the same armchair GMs who said Giroux was done after a bad season last year.

Only a 2nd for Pac? give me a break. I'll be the first to eat crow if we get less than a mid-first and a good prospect for him at the draft
Who was Gallagher's c last year? Cause he kind of did good on rw. That c and Gallagher should have played with Max. Would have been quite a line.

Giroux was done because of 4 straight down seasons. Such a reversal does not happen often.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad