Value of: Pacioretty: Sign and Trade

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Pacioretty's value is not its greatest given he has only 1 year left. What if he were signed at a 7mil cap hit at 8 years?
After last year that's scary who the heck wants a guy till he is 38 7 million. I'm afraid he will only get 3-4 years 6mil after last year

Reactions: Laus723

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pacioretty's value is not its greatest given he has only 1 year left. What if he were signed at a 7mil cap hit at 8 years?

Why???? Let the club trading for him, figure out a deal -- no need to saddle them with a contract they may not agree with.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
His value would be significantly less if he signed a $7M contract for 8 years...
im inclined to agree. Serious questions regarding his on ice play as well as his presence in the locker room. IF I were to take a chance on him, it would have to be as a short term UFA (which has almost no chance of happening).

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Bob Staufer of the Edmonton Journal is tossing around that the Oilers and the Habs are talking Patches. No mention of for who or what?

Reactions: NewEraGM

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I would recommend starting to add itching powder onto his pads because by year 3 of that contract, you'll pray he has developed an allergy to his equipment.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Would Montreal be happy with a first rounder 20-30 range and decent prospect? Kind of what the Bruins gave up for Nash (minus spooner).

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
The Blues got Brouwer, Copley, and a 3rd for Oshie, but not as a sign-and-trade. Max has had 5 30-goal seasons to Oshie's 1 and generally had a few more points overall in each season. Someone will pay Patches--whether Montreal reaps the benefits of that extension is another question altogether. What comparable 1-year or FA wingers are available this offseason? JvR?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sign and trades don't happen. Montreal needs to bite the bullet and try to salvage a quality center prospect with a few decent picks. The time to trade him was at the deadline. A hot streak next season isn't going to magically boost his trade value.

My suggestion is offering him up to Philadelphia and targeting German Rubtsov. He's a quality two-way prospect who's about to play in the Memorial Cup. The Flyers are poised to take a step forward next summer and are in the hunt for a top six LW. The Habs could even improve that return value if they were willing to take back Jori Lehtera for next season to offset the salary cost for the Flyers. Add a conditional 2020 1st if he re-signs and be done with it.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The Blues got Brouwer, Copley, and a 3rd for Oshie, but not as a sign-and-trade. Max has had 5 30-goal seasons to Oshie's 1 and generally had a few more points overall in each season. Someone will pay Patches--whether Montreal reaps the benefits of that extension is another question altogether. What comparable 1-year or FA wingers are available this offseason? JvR?
Yeah Brower had 1 good playoff run. Copley was a bust and the third.

Reactions: Laus723

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patch is worth around $6M - $6.5M range. 5 or 6 years. Radulov contract is a good comparison.

In a sign and trade. Let the other team pre negotiate.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

If he was signed to that deal I would not want him at all. No worse way to kill your teams cap then to sign a 30 y/o winger to big money for long term.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If he was signed to that deal I would not want him at all. No worse way to kill your teams cap then to sign a 30 y/o winger to big money for long term.

Oshie just got 8 years at $5.75 at age 31. Patch for 8 years at $7M is a stretch. No team gives him this. Maybe if he scores 40+ goals and 80 pts next year but the idea is he signs before this next season right?

5 or 6 years at $6.5M max. 5 years at $6M would be a fair deal IMO

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The timing is a bit off for a Pacioretty trade. He can't be extended before the draft, so any team trading for him before the draft is trading for 1 year of him. Even after the draft, unless the team gives him a contract he can't refuse, he's probably doesn't have that much incentive to sign vs. going to UFA. Also, on 7/1, when a team could negotiate with him, they can also try to sign current UFAs.

At the deadline, teams know a lot more about where their pick will be in 2019 and when know what they need to get them over the hump or make them a contender, so I think there will be a lot more potential to move him at the deadline than this off-season.

Just curious, are there many trades in the off-season of high profile guys that only have 1 year left until they are a UFA? I'm sure it happens, I just can't think of many instances off of the top of my head.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No because Pacioretty >>> Nash.
What I would want is a mid 1st rounder (11th to 15th) and a good prospect (ex: Heponiemi or Tippett)
Fair enough was just curious what Montreal fans felt he was worth at this point. Will be interesting to see what he's gonna bring back

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No because Pacioretty >>> Nash.
What I would want is a mid 1st rounder (11th to 15th) and a good prospect (ex: Heponiemi or Tippett)
Your not getting that. No team is willing to give up a top 20 pick for 1 year of a guy who just had 17 goals 37 points. Good luck with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad