Value of: Pacioretty: Sign and Trade

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Not sure how you come up with close value when considering age, production, position, size.
Edit: and contract
And lets not forget you are adding a first. They dont do it 1-1.
its an easy no with the 1st attached imo.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure how you come up with close value when considering age, production, position, size.
Edit: and contract
And lets not forget you are adding a first. They dont do it 1-1.

No way the Habs trade Patch for Bjugstad 1/1. But hey, you never know with Bergevin in his "re-tool". What I do know, is our fan base would not make that trade.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
What??? Habs were not contending in 07-08 ( got Tanguay in June 08) when they finished first with 104 pts and then second 08-09?

Please check your facts.

Did not check your Carolina stuff...
As a habs fan, I never see my team contending. During summer, you dont know if you will contend. Sens were close to a stanley cup final last year and now they finished 30th. You just try to put the best team on the ice and hope it will work

Last edited:

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
I could see a bjugstad for Patches deal happening in a vacuum. However, Bjugstad is a Tallon darling so moving him will be torture for Tallon. Assuming Tallon is willing to do the deal, I highly doubt the Panthers are stapling their 1st as well.

He's a 26 year old top 6 player on a solid contract imo the value is pretty close for a 30 year old patches on an expiring deal

Would you guys do Patches+3rd overall+2nd round pick for Huberdeau?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I understand but I think if a GM think Pacioretty can make his team better and if they are in need of a very good winger.

I guess a GM will want to trade for him even if he is not contending...Habs were not contending when they traded for Tanguay...Calorina too when they traded for Jordan Staal. You make trade when you think you will have a better team.
As long as it doesnt effect you in the long run. If they know they are going to get a better player in 2 years for 6 years and possibly after for free then why would you jeopardize that for a short term gain and a long term loss. Its a gamble. I personally wouldnt make that move unles my team was already a contender and was going after the cup.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Bob Staufer of the Edmonton Journal is tossing around that the Oilers and the Habs are talking Patches. No mention of for who or what?
Patches would be smart to Demand a trade to Edmonton. He would put up a ton of Points playing with McDavid in a contract year.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Every Patches trade thread.

Habs fan: Patches is a 35-40 goal scorer. 1st round pick and an "A" prospect gets it done.

Almost every non-Habs fan: Patches is 30 years old, coming off a bad season, and needs a new contract. You aren't getting a 1st and an "A" level prospect for him.

Habs fan: Some variation of...

How about Edward Wittchow and a 2019 3rd? If I didn't see Pacioretty play, that's the return I'd think he'd get judging by some of the comments here.

every time

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Every Patches trade thread.

Habs fan: Patches is a 35-40 goal scorer. 1st round pick and an "A" prospect gets it done.

Almost every non-Habs fan: Patches is 30 years old, coming off a bad season, and needs a new contract. You aren't getting a 1st and an "A" level prospect for him.

Habs fan: Some variation of...

every time

Most reasonable Habs fans aren't expecting a 1st and a blue chip prospect. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 1st in the 15-25 range and a b level prospect. Even a 2019 first. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. Should be an interesting thread to revisit..

Reactions: jfhabs

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Most reasonable Habs fans aren't expecting a 1st and a blue chip prospect. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 1st in the 15-25 range and a b level prospect. Even a 2019 first. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. Should be an interesting thread to revisit..
then why when you go through all of these threads are there asks for teams top prospect?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
then why when you go through all of these threads are there asks for teams top prospect?
A few of the "loose" ones do post often! They rinse and repeat a whole lot. Lots of Habs fans simply want it to be dealt with before next season. New captain.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I could see a bjugstad for Patches deal happening in a vacuum. However, Bjugstad is a Tallon darling so moving him will be torture for Tallon. Assuming Tallon is willing to do the deal, I highly doubt the Panthers are stapling their 1st as well.

He's a 26 year old top 6 player on a solid contract imo the value is pretty close for a 30 year old patches on an expiring deal

No thanks. Habs don't need another third line center.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If no sign and trade is possible, he'll be moved at the trading deadline. The Habs can't afford to sign him to an extension, so they'll get whatever the going price is for a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad