Pacioretty "Barzal best skater in league"

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I was just pointing out that McDavid burned Barzal because Barzl was out for an extended shift.

You could've pointed it out on your board. Why Edmonton's? Oh right, because you're insecure.

McDavid I have always maintained I believe is faster but what we saw in OT was not the true difference in speed. It wasn’t a “fastest skater” competition. It was a play where McDavid was already out in front and received a stretch pass and was being chased by a gassed Barzal.

So what you're saying is it's a game situation and thus even better for evaluating who the superior skater is than a skills competition event? I agree.

Stop it. Oiler fans are going to harrass you as bad as they harass McDavid when he’s out for dinner in Edmonton.

I too know of someone who obsessively stalks McDavid just to make petty comments about him, albeit this person does it on an Internet forum...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well knowing McDavid is by far the consensus best skater. Topped 40km/h earlier this season.

Its kind of stupid of him to pump up someone else as 'the best skater'.

Today we witnessed how stupid of a comment it was.

I dunno man. Mike Hoffman topped Mcdavid’s top speed just a couple weeks ago. Will I see you in the ‘Hoffman is the best skater in the league’ thread?

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
I was just pointing out that McDavid burned Barzal because Barzl was out for an extended shift. McDavid I have always maintained I believe is faster but what we saw in OT was not the true difference in speed. It wasn’t a “fastest skater” competition. It was a play where McDavid was already out in front and received a stretch pass and was being chased by a gassed Barzal.
Incorrect
McDavid was out there longer that shift and played 8 more minutes in the game.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
You could've pointed it out on your board. Why Edmonton's? Oh right, because you're insecure.

So what you're saying is it's a game situation and thus even better for evaluating who the superior skater is than a skills competition event? I agree.

I too know of someone who obsessively stalks McDavid just to make petty comments about him, albeit this person does it on an Internet forum...
Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 11.42.01 PM.png

Reactions: SI90

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Let's be real here Barzal is a great skater top 5 all around skater. But what you saw in overtime is the difference between a top 5 versus greatest skater of them all. No chance. This with a puck on his stick, Barzal still had no chance.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

If you can find a negative comment I’ve made about McDavid that wasn’t facetious then I will cancel my HF account and never come back. Relax.

If anything be mad a Chia. This could have all been avoided if he would have just drafted Barzal and kept Hall

Then we could have all saw McDavid Barzal and Hall skate together on a nightly basis to better gauge them.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Let's be real here Barzal is a great skater top 5 all around skater. But what you saw in overtime is the difference between a top 5 versus greatest skater of them all. No chance. This with a puck on his stick, Barzal still had no chance.
This is such a terrible argument. One guy had a complete head start because he stole the puck. 2nd, I dont think anyone is arguing that Barzal is faster than McDavid.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lol, well this was a dumb bump. The fact that you can’t differiate between fastest skater and best skater speaks volumes. Personally I’d say Mcdavid is the better skater but him beating Barzal up the ice is hardly an indication of that. With that said I haven’t played against each player so I can’t really argue with Pacioretty, him suggesting Barzal is the best skater really isn’t that far off.
anyone who actually watched the EDM vs NYI game without homer glasses on would never suggest Barzal to be in the same tier of skating as McDavid.
In any case... NYI fans can enjoy Barzal.. the kid is going to be great.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Here are the shifts they played, notice the ones in OT? Notice how McDavid played double the time in OT. You can line them up at natural stat trick as well and nowhere was McDavid not on longer than Barzal. See I post proof with my "Hot Takes"

zDL49.png

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Jesus Christ, was the person who bumped this thread waiting for 2 months to bump this in the hopes that Edmonton beat the Islanders and McDavid had a better game than Barzal?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
This is such a terrible argument. One guy had a complete head start because he stole the puck. 2nd, I dont think anyone is arguing that Barzal is faster than McDavid.
Your logic is as flawed as your retort. Barzal already had momentum while McDavid started from a full stop after knocking the puck out with separated by a a couple of feet at most. Then I'm sure you know what happened. I love Barzal and the talent and speed he plays at so let's not turn this into a losing argument.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Lol, What did you watch? Barzal had all the momentum and still got bodied. Go back and watch it.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Lol, What did you watch? Barzal had all the momentum and still got bodied. Go back and watch it.
Momentum? He was going the wrong way. And for the millionth time, no one is saying Barzal is faster than McDavid.
You also said Grabner is a better skater than Barzal. Because he's faster?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Here are the shifts they played, notice the ones in OT? Notice how McDavid played double the time in OT. You can line them up at natural stat trick as well and nowhere was McDavid not on longer than Barzal. See I post proof with my "Hot Takes"

zDL49.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.10.58 AM.png

Lol by your own proof Barzal was on the ice before McDavid was on that shift (Barzal is the very bottom, McDavid the very top)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad