Pacioretty "Barzal best skater in league"

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Great skater. Speed and great edge work. He also gets to top speed in a hurry. He’s also very tenacious and he can think the game as fast as he can skate. He stops on a dime and pivots sharp and crisp. Great combination of talents. He’s electric and very fun to watch.

Reactions: Index

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
HEADLINE:
Pacioretty complains about Barzal's "hair flapping in the wind in front of me."

Why would anyone complain about another person's hair? The hair doesn't reach you.
.....unless.....Barzal's hair secretes body odor.

CONCLUSION:
Barzal, cut your hair, well, at least before the NHL Awards. :sarcasm:

OoUflbJl.jpg

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Just like when Barkov said Matthews was the best player he's faced. Will be interesting to see how HF reacts to this one.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
HEADLINE:
Pacioretty complains about Barzal's "hair flapping in the wind in front of me."

Why would anyone complain about another person's hair? The hair doesn't reach you.
.....unless.....Barzal's hair secretes body odor.

CONCLUSION:
Barzal, cut your hair, well, at least before the NHL Awards. :sarcasm:

OoUflbJl.jpg
Need an updated picture. His flow is also a front runner for best hair award for rookies. Kids a gem.

Reactions: xECK29x

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just like when Barkov said Matthews was the best player he's faced. Will be interesting to see how HF reacts to this one.

Can’t get too high on the praise or too low. They just played each other so it’s fresh like Barkov on Matthews. Nevertheless the respect is there.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Great skater. Speed and great edge work. He also gets to top speed in a hurry. He’s also very tenacious and he can think the game as fast as he can skate. He stops on a dime and pivots sharp and crisp. Great combination of talents. He’s electric and very fun to watch.

100% the right decision to come back to Seattle, got stronger, more physical which is paying off now

Reactions: SI90

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Big fan. Knew he was going to be special since I watched him dummy the Victoria Royals over and over again in Junior. Had the best individual performance(IMO) outside of Hischier at the WJCs. Calder is next on his list.

Reminds me of Gaudreau a lot, thinks and plays the game at a rate higher than his peers. Plus they both wear #13 and are not the biggest :D

Reactions: bigtim1988 and SI90

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
“It’s unbelievable to see a 20-year-old or 21-year-old skate the way he (Barzal) does with the puck and handle it probably as close as I’ve seen to [Connor] McDavid in terms of skill and speed,” said Canadiens forward
Paul Byron. “Incredible talent to watch and play against. At the same time, it was a big challenge for our line to match up against him and unfortunately we came out on the wrong end of it"

Reactions: SI90

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
“He’s by far the best skater in the league,” said Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty. “It’s no question. A lot of guys judge speed goal-line to blue line or whatever, a straight line. But he’s crossing over the entire game, winding up, building up speed. Every time we lose the puck in the o-zone, you turn around for a second and I can just see his hair flapping in the wind in front of me and I had to get on my horse and get back…That’s the toughest matchup that I’ve had this year.”

Reactions: ds4130

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Hi, I'm ChaoticOrange, and I didn't think Barzal would be an impact NHL forward because he struggled to score in junior.

*SHAME*

*SHAME*

*SHAME*
I said it in the prospect thread and I'll say it again here: I won't criticize anyone who doubted how his talent would translate. I loved him as a prospect but completely understood the doubts about him. He didn't score a lot, and it was easy to think he played with the style of a guy who could dominate juniors but never adjust.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Barzal seems to be growing more and more confident with every game... all eye-tests indicate he is going to be a great talent for many years to come.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
It's not just the speed and edge work that makes him a great skater. It's that his body says he's going left and he beats you to the right. He looks like he's going to stop on a dime and next thing you know he beats you to the outside and puts the puck in the back of the net.

I don't know that he is the best skater in the league, but he is the best skating islander I have ever seen.

The kid is so fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad