Pacific Playoff Watch 2015/2016

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Survive.

Stay in the hunt. Thats all we can do right now.

yeah, if we can stay within 6 or so points by the time mcdavid gets back, the last portion of the season should be at least interesting... thats all we can really hope for right now... going to have to ride some good tending until we get some players back from injury

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Our recent success has come against team outside of our division. The real test for this team is going to be with the stretch of divisional games right after christmas until just after the new year. That stretch of 5 games will provide a gauge of where we really stand in the division.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Our recent success has come against team outside of our division. The real test for this team is going to be with the stretch of divisional games right after christmas until just after the new year. That stretch of 5 games will provide a gauge of where we really stand in the division.

Precisely right.

I have some sort of weird feeling lately though...I think it may be named "optimism" but I can't be too sure.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I love the motto: survive. Its that simple. Survive

Get big games from whoever and sneak after with ugly wins, just survive

Dec 31 vs anahiem will be a big game. I have a feeling it'll either create breathing room or take us out of the spot

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You want to gear up for a playoff run? You have Pete Chiarelli as your GM? You add Zack Kassian.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Yikes, Phoenix just lost Mike Smith for 8-10 weeks due to core muscle surgery. Could help us though.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You want to gear up for a playoff run? You have Pete Chiarelli as your GM? You add Zack Kassian.

Dude is a rumored big team cancer. I know a former canuck who played with Kassian and did not have good things to say. Apart from that hes not really a good player anymore

Yikes, Phoenix just lost Mike Smith for 8-10 weeks due to core muscle surgery. Could help us though.

hes a .901 goalie, im gunna bet whatever AHL or back up they pull up will be a better option

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
It's fun to look and see the Oilers in 3rd, but ultimately we should be viewing teams in their record compared to .500. Oilers are 1 game below .500, as are Calgary and Vancouver. Anaheim is 2 games under. And then Arizona and San Jose are on top with a .500 record (well, other than LA).

What a logjam. But that's basically how it looks right now.

1) LA
2) Arizona / San Jose
4) Edmonton / Vancouver / Calgary
7) Anaheim

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
the Oilers have faced the 6th toughest schedule

http://sagarin.com/sports/nhlsend.htm

and had 2nd more unluck with injuries

nn7hue.jpg

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's fun to look and see the Oilers in 3rd, but ultimately we should be viewing teams in their record compared to .500. Oilers are 1 game below .500, as are Calgary and Vancouver. Anaheim is 2 games under. And then Arizona and San Jose are on top with a .500 record (well, other than LA).

1) LA
2) Arizona / San Jose
7) Anaheim

Funny though it might sound I think the 2/3/4 spots will be some combination of Anaheim, Edmonton, and San Jose.

I don't buy Arizona for one minute and they just lost their starter until February. Calgary is still getting torched for goals. Vancouver is just not a good hockey team.

Anaheim and San Jose are better than theyve shown, and we are winning games despite being down our entire 2nd line.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Dude is a rumored big team cancer. I know a former canuck who played with Kassian and did not have good things to say. Apart from that hes not really a good player anymore

hes a .901 goalie, im gunna bet whatever AHL or back up they pull up will be a better option

I noticed that, but I think it's a fair assumption that he would improve that number through the season, given that his career average is .912.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

1) LA
2) Arizona / San Jose
7) Anaheim

LA trending down ..2 game losing streak and Clifford + Lewis on IR
ARI trending down 4-5-1 in last 10. Starting goalie out 2 months
SJ trending down 6 games losing streak - Vlasic and Couture out
VAN - Hamhuis out

Edmonton and Calgary can both catch up to LA IMO..

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Funny enough though, it doesn't benefit us very much to win the division. If we finish 2nd or 3rd in the Pacific, we face a weak Pacific opponent instead of a tough wild card team from the Central. This is assuming that the current realities hold through to the end. It's always possible that the Pacific in general gets stronger and some of these tough Central teams weaken like how Nashville fell apart in the 2nd half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad