Pacific Playoff Watch 2015/2016

loller12

Mar 29, 2010
Good god i'm going to stay away from the main boards tonight, and also how is Hall vs Gaudreau even a thing....Seriously Hall is probably one of the most underrated players on these boards.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Good god i'm going to stay away from the main boards tonight, and also how is Hall vs Gaudreau even a thing....Seriously Hall is probably one of the most underrated players on these boards.

Don't let that Whiskey guy get to you. He has some sort of wild obsession with Gaudreau. Gaudreau's an excellent player no doubt, but Hall's better than him quite easily.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Gaudreau is the only really dynamic player they have had in a while, he comes in his rookie year and they defy all odds and make the playoffs. He can do no wrong and is their messiah. The last thing they wanna do is admit we have a few players that are better than him.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Gaudreau is the only really dynamic player they have had in a while, he comes in his rookie year and they defy all odds and make the playoffs. He can do no wrong and is their messiah. The last thing they wanna do is admit we have a few players that are better than him.

Pretty much, talking to Gaudreau fans trying to quantify how he's better than Hall gives me a good laugh though.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I am kinda getting sick of playing the top teams in the league every night. According to Sagarin, we have played the 4th toughest schedule so far and now we have Bos, NYR, and Chi

It is pretty amazing that, given the injuries, we are still in it. 3 points in the next 3 games would be a huge win for us as the schedule will get easier righht after that.

we will have a 14 game stretch with a lot of winnable games. Hopefully we get a few back from injury and go on a run.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I am kinda getting sick of playing the top teams in the league every night. According to Sagarin, we have played the 4th toughest schedule so far and now we have Bos, NYR, and Chi

It is pretty amazing that, given the injuries, we are still in it. 3 points in the next 3 games would be a huge win for us as the schedule will get easier righht after that.

we will have a 14 game stretch with a lot of winnable games. Hopefully we get a few back from injury and go on a run.

bodes well for a strong 2nd half, at least. but, yeah, the schedule makers didn't do us any favours this year. the first 20 games were ridiculous.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
McDavid returning plus a much more reasonable January schedule make me very optimistic, that is assuming we get through December still in the mix

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Pretty much, talking to Gaudreau fans trying to quantify how he's better than Hall gives me a good laugh though.

Gaudreau is better than Hall in every facet of the game apparently. Also, Hall is the dumbest star player in the league apparently. That thread is so friggin' brutal. Nice to see one of the people who do nothing on this site but attack the Oilers show up too.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Boston has a better away record than home record (6-7-1) so hopefully the Oilers can keep adding to their home woes. The Rangers are in a pretty bad funk too, I think these are two very winnable games. Chicago...if they can get at least 1 point against them, I will be happy.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
^we are struggling on the road mostly because our second line is injured and RNH and Eberle are getting torched. They will pull out of this. And once they do and McDavid etc return... Look out!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

wow, yeah you ain't kidding about an easier run of the schedule.... after the 3 game roadtrip that ends on the 17th, right up until the Jan 21st game against dallas (so 15 games) the schedule is a LOT easier than it has been... lots of eastern teams and middling western teams... now we have to remember that this IS the oilers we're talking about, so i wouldn't be surprised if they went 4-11 during those 15 games, not one bit... but this is also the first time in a LONG time where i also wouldn't be shocked if they went 10-5 over that same stretch

adkid2

Jul 29, 2011
This road trip/ remaining games in december will determine if they are in the mix come march/april. If we can go .500 on the trip and go 3-4 / 5 (Vancouver, Calgary, Anaheim, and possibly Winnipeg), it will give us some breathing room in the pacific.

Even though its finals week, i will have the scoreboard on.. god i hope i pass!:help:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Only one game tonight. Vancouver vs. Chicago. Have to think Chicago stomps them. Vancouver is not a good team at all.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
A Vancouver loss tonight combined with an Oiler win tomorrow can put the Oilers in a playoff spot for the time being. :)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

That and Oilers have had the most quality man games lost due to injury (in term sof length and quality of players lost)

Oilers have gotten a ton of luck with Pacific being bad. But weve missed some serious quality players due to injury to balance that out

Hopefully last half of the season is perfect storm, easier opponents and healthy line up and Cali teams dont pull away

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Only one game tonight. Vancouver vs. Chicago. Have to think Chicago stomps them. Vancouver is not a good team at all.

I dunno, D sedin is still a force and Vancouver is still an ok possession team with ok team defense

Theyll bend but not break

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oilers just have to go .500 till the savior McDavid returns with with disciples Yak and Pouliot.

Although hopefully we arent left saying "McDavid isnt the same and Yak cant re find that chemistry"

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Oilers just have to go .500 till the savior McDavid returns with with disciples Yak and Pouliot.

Although hopefully we arent left saying "McDavid isnt the same and Yak cant re find that chemistry"

It will be perfect. On the road, RNH and Eberle will get insanely easy competition. At Home, we can give that to the McDavid line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad