Waived: PA Parenteau placed on waivers (Claimed by NJ)

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Lee hasn't looked great since the last season at the Coliseum. Also, I think Ladd and him essentially fill the same role so that's why he's not on a line with Tavares.
Yes, I think Ladd and Tavares will play together all year long. But I wouldn't mind if we give a try to that line-up:

Lee - Tavares - Strome (they tried that line in the past and they had some good moments two years ago if my memory serves me right)
Ladd - Barzal - Bailey
Chimera - Nelson - Beauvillier
Kulemin - Cizikas - Clutterburck

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Never say Pallfy sucks, always will be one of my favorites. Growing up and going to 15 games a year when they were awful, he always made it fun with a breakaway or two.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
So your not a fan of Brock Nelson?

Something about him really annoys me.....like he needs a charging during the game with a dead battery. When he goes into beast mode during those rare flashes, he's deadly, but those are rare.

Last edited:

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
So your not a fan of Brock Nelson?
Brock+Nelson+2010+NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits+eJEcSR8nZ-5l.jpg
Galileo?:yo:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I actually thought Lee looked awesome before he broke his leg. Didn't he score a ton of goals before he got hurt last year?

He scored 15 goals last year. People went all gung-ho about throwing Letang down on the powerplay but that was an isolated positive in my opinion. He's not nearly consistent enough for a 26 year old.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He scored 15 goals last year. People went all gung-ho about throwing Letang down on the powerplay but that was an isolated positive in my opinion. He's not nearly consistent enough for a 26 year old.

And now that Ladd has that #1PP front of the net role, I think we'll see a lower tally from Lee.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

Eh, I was wrong anyway. He scored 3 goals in his last 6 games before getting injured but didn't get on as hot of a streak as I thought before that.

You're right, he has to be more consistent, but I still think he's a valuable player. I do think he's the one that gets picked in expansion.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Current D speed on the Isles team:

Laddy - elite
Hammer, De haan and Hickey - average
Boychuk - slower than average
Seindenburg - slow in general but can pick up at times

None of the AHL or junior D prospects have elite speed
Hammer is an above average skater. Hickey is below average(he never catches up to anyone when he is beaten), which is why I hate seeing him behind the other teams goal line.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Hammer is an above average skater. Hickey is below average(he never catches up to anyone when he is beaten), which is why I hate seeing him behind the other teams goal line.

I he's behind the other teams goal line, it's no longer his job to catch whomever may be breaking out. There better be a winger covering that point if he's down that far.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Capuano was asked by a Montreal journalist why they let go Parenteau. Capuano response was quite surprising for me. He said : Go ask Garth Snow! It seems that Capuano would have prefer to keep Parenteau.
I heard this on RDS (Quebec sport chanel), just before the game tonight. I'm not sure if this is real news, but for me it was!

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Capuano was asked by a Montreal journalist why they let go Parenteau. Capuano response was quite surprising for me. He said : Go ask Garth Snow! It seems that Capuano would have prefer to keep Parenteau.
I heard this on RDS (Quebec sport chanel), just before the game tonight. I'm not sure if this is real news, but for me it was!

Second time Capuano has implied he disagrees with Snow over the roster. Capuano wanted to keep PAP and send Barzal to juniors it sounds like.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Not surprising, Capuano clearly prefers vets to kids.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Second time Capuano has implied he disagrees with Snow over the roster. Capuano wanted to keep PAP and send Barzal to juniors it sounds like.

It would have been the right move from what I have seen so far. Hard to say when he plays one game, sits for 2. It is hard to build much off of that, plus apparently Coach has to throw the middle of the lines into chaos to find a spot for Barzal.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
It would have been the right move from what I have seen so far. Hard to say when he plays one game, sits for 2. It is hard to build much off of that, plus apparently Coach has to throw the middle of the lines into chaos to find a spot for Barzal.

Seems like an odd situation, especially for a coach of 7 years. One would think the GM would respect him more.

Capuano seems to have complete freedom to set the lineup game by game and obviously setting the lines ( as any coach should) but has a backseat when it comes to the overall lineup. I wonder what Capuano really thinks of having a 3rd goalie for no reason.

To beat a dead horse PAP is no savior but this team could definitely use any offense they could get

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Seems like an odd situation, especially for a coach of 7 years. One would think the GM would respect him more.

Capuano seems to have complete freedom to set the lineup game by game and obviously setting the lines ( as any coach should) but has a backseat when it comes to the overall lineup. I wonder what Capuano really thinks of having a 3rd goalie for no reason.

To beat a dead horse PAP is no savior but this team could definitely use any offense they could get

We should have gotten a better player than PAP. Somehow, we managed to get a worse situation than PAP. I don't know how that happens except on Long Island.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I'd love to hear an explanation on how Parenteau would not have helped this team. I'm so freaking frustrated with this crap.

He was waived, he clearly wasn't better than what they already have, according to Garth and probably the coaching staff.

Parenteau wasn't going to surprise or impress anyone at this stage - he is what he is, a talented offensive player, with experience, good on PP, who's slower than when he left.

Are you frustrated about Parenteau? Or frustrated that you feel "even Parenteau is better than what we're seeing"? It's the latter that bothers me.

I'd thought losing Okposo and Nielsen would mean getting another high-end forward. But we got just Ladd who's looked terrible most of the time. Slow and lazy, not just lacking chemistry. I'm glad he was demoted vs. MTL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad