Waived: PA Parenteau placed on waivers (Claimed by NJ)

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Why are we still talking about this...He's on NJ...He's been there for 2 weeks, it's time to get over it. This thread is getting more action the when KO or Frans left and that happened in the off season when there wasn't much to talk about. :shakehead

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Are you frustrated about Parenteau? Or frustrated that you feel "even Parenteau is better than what we're seeing"? It's the latter that bothers me.

Definitely the latter. We're playing a very frustrating game offensively and I can't imagine Parenteau wouldn't have helped us get a few more goals this year. Doesn't have to be on a line with JT to do that, but still.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Definitely the latter. We're playing a very frustrating game offensively and I can't imagine Parenteau wouldn't have helped us get a few more goals this year. Doesn't have to be on a line with JT to do that, but still.

Sure I'd have preferred a better player than Parenteau but the one area he would have help in is the PP. Our PP is beyond awful and has been for a long time. This year (it's early) but I'm not optimistic.

We already dropped a notch in shootouts (losing Frans & KO), PK might be okay but I imagine over time we'll miss Frans, same for 3on3 OT and probably the PP.

If Parenteau did ONE THING well that's on the PP.

But he's gone, he return was not to be. Maybe next year?
:sarcasm:

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Sure I'd have preferred a better player than Parenteau but the one area he would have help in is the PP. Our PP is beyond awful and has been for a long time. This year (it's early) but I'm not optimistic.

We already dropped a notch in shootouts (losing Frans & KO), PK might be okay but I imagine over time we'll miss Frans, same for 3on3 OT and probably the PP.

If Parenteau did ONE THING well that's on the PP.

But he's gone, he return was not to be. Maybe next year?
:sarcasm:

I know you're joking about PA next year, but just as a head's up the 2017 forward free agent class is pretty weak.

- The SJ guys (Thornton, Marleau, Burns) are all going to re-sign
- Patrick Sharp will probably be too expensive
- Justin Williams will be too old
- Ales Hemsky is made of glass

Drew Stafford and TJ Oshie could be possibilities

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I know you're joking about PA next year, but just as a head's up the 2017 forward free agent class is pretty weak.

- The SJ guys (Thornton, Marleau, Burns) are all going to re-sign
- Patrick Sharp will probably be too expensive
- Justin Williams will be too old
- Ales Hemsky is made of glass

Drew Stafford and TJ Oshie could be possibilities

Oshie would be a perfect winger for Tavares

Que the whiners who bring up pre 2016 post season stats

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
PAP has more goals than every player on the Isles except JT. :handclap: The organizational decisions of this team are mind-boggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad