P-L Dubois Part 2

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Semi final game is on NHLN right now. Fast paced start so let's see how PLD plays

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Just made the pass to setup the go ahead goal in the 2nd. Retrieved the puck behind the net and threw a little backhand pass to the slot for the goal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
His first period was more of the same from previous games but I saw a more assertive and dominant player in the second. That being said Canada was all over Sweden that period.
He had a nice assist though. Hope he keeps it up.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He looks pretty good tonight. Seems like he's settling in. He got called for offside on a odd man rush but replay showed he was onside. Definitely doing a lot of the small things right.

He is all over tonight. Those last two plays on the PP he was in the correct position, wide open but the puck went to someone else. Like someone else said he's playing the same role as Foligno has been on the PP. Down low along the goal line or in front of the net.

Edit: what a save!

Last edited:

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Tricky with these short tournaments. I'm sure some players strive to fill a role. (Nash the Olympian energy 4th liner anyone?)

The role Dubois probably feels most comfortable in this setting (bring energy) and the role people expect him to do (make plays) may be two different things. Not surprising to see him come more into his own.

A really effective player when his legs are moving.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Tricky with these short tournaments. I'm sure some players strive to fill a role. (Nash the Olympian energy 4th liner anyone?)

The role Dubois probably feels most comfortable in this setting (bring energy) and the role people expect him to do (make plays) may be two different things. Not surprising to see him come more into his own.

A really effective player when his legs are moving.
I feel like this might be a situation where a player is just over thinking every thing trying to impress CBJ FO. He just needs to stop thinking and go with the flow. Give it 110% every shift and just make sure you're in the correct position and plays will come to you.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Why do people keep posting comments like this? Who has said he was a mistake? All people have done is say he is playing bad and he is.

Actually quite a few people have said that.. but I don't care enough to frickin argue with you. Give the kid a chance to develop, that's my opinion, it's worth the same as yours. .03

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Dubois and the Canadians win 5-2 over Sweden.

USA vs. Canada Gold Medal Game!

Excellent, I just got to watch about 1 period and Dubois looked energetic and full of hustle - he reminded me of Figs, so i see the comparison now & he has put on some weight and filled out - PLD - that scout in the Blue Jacket war room said this guy fits the CBJ mold, hardworking character guy

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hopefully PLD can keep this up tomorrow and into the rest of his regular season and playoffs.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, decent game for him. He's got the size and muscle and isn't afraid to crash the corners - despite being one of the younger guys on Team Canada, his physique appears more built than many of his team-mates.

Over the next year, he's got to work on getting his speed back, and then the game-breaking ability will probably also return and become more apparent. We've been spoiled by some special 17 and 18-year olds the last few years, but this tourney is typically ruled by the 19-year olds. The CBJ have time and I expect they'll use it if they need to. Not going to be surprised at all to see him back in the world juniors next year, hopefully filling an even bigger role.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Too bad the gold medal game tomorrow is during the CBJ game.

He really needs to work on his foot speed, especially his first steps. He's big, maybe too big? Hope his feet can catch up with his body. He works the boards well at times but he is clumsy, gets off balance and falls a lot. He seems to miss a lot of body checks. He makes some questionable plays and takes some bad penalties.

But you can see he has some skill.

He has an NHL body. Needs a lot of work but if he can put it together and convert to center he could be a real handful up the middle. Will be interesting to see his development over the rest of the season and through the summer.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
He didn't play great, but I thought tonight was by far his best game. He was so much more aggressive. One thing I find interesting is how his teammates don't pass him the puck when he was open. There were quite a few times where he was open in the corner or at the side of the net and his teammates would turn away from him and skate with the puck or pass it to someone who was covered. It almost always led to a turnover.

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He didn't play great, but I thought tonight was by far his best game. He was so much more aggressive. One thing I find interesting is how his teammates don't pass him the puck when he was open. There were quite a few times where he was open in the corner or at the side of the net and his teammates would turn away from him and skate with the puck or pass it to someone who was covered. It almost always led to a turnover.

Stome and Barzal just won't pass to him on the powerplay, it's weird but it's 100% happening.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
He's big, maybe too big?

This jumps out to me. He's not used to being this big and it clearly affected his game. Doesn't seem like a big issue though, I think that can be fixed fairly easily this off-season.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
This thread is like a dog whistle for all CBJ fans to come here and lose their mind.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
oh, it's most certainly a big issue :D

1565.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: