P-L Dubois Part 2

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Gawd I hope he is not on the CBJ next year. We do not need a drama queen scenario and that is what it will be with Torts riding him if he is not in condition. I hope at some point soon he begins to grow up. CBJ will need him eventually.

Amazing how much wrong you fit in so few words.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Drama queen is too far. The series was chippy and some childish actions took place like when a Sea Dog player got kicked out near the end of the game and skated by Montembault who was practically in tears becuase he knew his year and possibly his junior career is over (forget how old he is) and was waving and smiling at him.
Youd like to think a soon to be NHLer would be a little above it but he is 18 and playing junior. This should have been a big year of learning sprinkled with some adversity so I expect to see a more grown up and prepared player next year

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
"Drama Queen" is what i would expect NEXT YEAR between him and Torts if he does not grow up fast.

By the way, "Spinner" something is not true just because you declare it to be so.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Because a kid is competitive and likes to **** talk a little he needs to grow up and is a drama queen? On this team you NEED to have a little bit of that swagger to them. Look at guys like Dubi, Anderson, Jenner, Hartnell, etc... It's part of our culture. You need that chip. There is a difference between what he has done and a Lucic or Marchand or Crosby or those guys that sp3ar and slew foot and try to hurt people. Getting chippy and a few slashes and **** talking like a Ryan Kesler type is more then welcome. That will likey bennifet us because they will retaliate and he will be able to draw penalties a lot.

You know who was a drama queen?? Ryan Johanson. That guy was uncoachable when he was here and I couldn't be happier to have him off this team. It was one of the best things to ever happen to this franchise. Luckily he was worth Jones and now we have a top 5 ish top pairing I'm the league and they are both U23.

PLD was highly regarded last year when drafted because his character. I doubt all the scouts, our GM, the team he played on, and the reporters for every major network were wrong about the type of kid he is. I have 0 doubt he will be a Jenner/Dubi type and will not be an issue. He's not RyJo 2.0

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Because a kid is competitive and likes to **** talk a little he needs to grow up and is a drama queen? On this team you NEED to have a little bit of that swagger to them. Look at guys like Dubi, Anderson, Jenner, Hartnell, etc... It's part of our culture. You need that chip. There is a difference between what he has done and a Lucic or Marchand or Crosby or those guys that sp3ar and slew foot and try to hurt people. Getting chippy and a few slashes and **** talking like a Ryan Kesler type is more then welcome. That will likey bennifet us because they will retaliate and he will be able to draw penalties a lot.

You know who was a drama queen?? Ryan Johanson. That guy was uncoachable when he was here and I couldn't be happier to have him off this team. It was one of the best things to ever happen to this franchise. Luckily he was worth Jones and now we have a top 5 ish top pairing I'm the league and they are both U23.

PLD was highly regarded last year when drafted because his character. I doubt all the scouts, our GM, the team he played on, and the reporters for every major network were wrong about the type of kid he is. I have 0 doubt he will be a Jenner/Dubi type and will not be an issue. He's not RyJo 2.0

If you took out the incorrect Johansen stuff I would have agreed with all of this post.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
All I know is PLD was the top rated Canadian in last years draft (typically means the player is pretty good). I haven't watched him play a full period of hockey yet, but the kid has been criticized for much of this past year. He has been compared in publications to Jamie Benn of the Dallas Stars for his play and character. Called a likely future Captain due to his character in these same publications. How about we cut the kid a break and wait to see how hard he works for Torts before we filet him?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its not uncommon to see things with an 18 year old that could use a bit of improvement. I saw things on the ice that i wasnt the biggest fan of and Im not just gonna sugar coat it or look the other way because he is a Columbus prospect. That being said I dont see anything that would hold him back from being a star and honestly if he ends up better then Puljujarvi I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest. There is 1st liner potentuial there and I see it as a center.
There have been tons of kids that have some maturity question marks and grow up to be superstars. Crosby used to be a whiner and flop for calls, Getzlaf had character issues and was defined as having a "surfur attitude". Hell even Jagr wasnt always the legendary guy hes become and gym freak, he is the 1st to admit looking back at a younger version of himself he didnt think he would become what he has and playing well into his 40s

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
He cost team Canada a gold.

He's made strides this year, hoping to see him on CBJ.

I love the Hartnell/Perry Dbag aspect to his game, like when he got the penalty at the WJC for putting the puck into the net after the whistle. That's gold to me.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
He cost team Canada a gold.

He's made strides this year, hoping to see him on CBJ.

I love the Hartnell/Perry Dbag aspect to his game, like when he got the penalty at the WJC for putting the puck into the net after the whistle. That's gold to me.

*vomits*

That's a comparison that I didn't need. Perry is a cheap, embarrassing excuse for a person.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He cost team Canada a gold
If thats true I like him even more... USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! He is half American anyways and that's the better half. So if he can win with us and make them lose I might need a PLD jersey.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
"Drama Queen" is what i would expect NEXT YEAR between him and Torts if he does not grow up fast.

PREJUDICE
[prej-uh-dis] noun
1.an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2.any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
3.unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, ........

IF
[if] conjunction
1.in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that:

You included the conjunction to give yourself an out. Regardless, like others before me have said, I dislike your prejudice.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Prejudice ???? You mean I have an opinion you don't like, so it is prejudice. That is rich.

And i did not give myself an "out". I tried to clarify my original intent. And I stand by it. IF he shows up out of shape by NHL standards but with an attitude of expectation, there will be a drama queen situation between him and Torts. Now, if he is in shape, If he keeps his head cool and realizes that Torts may be tough on him in order to make him better, there should be no problem.

And I have been quite clear: i hope he develops into the kind of player Jarmo expected when he drafted him. CBJ will need that going forward. And I have no reason to think that with proper development he will not be that kind of player. But to me his actions suggest an attitude that will need an adjustment before he has the kind of success everyone hopes for.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Prejudice ???? You mean I have an opinion you don't like, so it is prejudice. That is rich.

And i did not give myself an "out". I tried to clarify my original intent. And I stand by it. IF he shows up out of shape by NHL standards but with an attitude of expectation, there will be a drama queen situation between him and Torts. Now, if he is in shape, If he keeps his head cool and realizes that Torts may be tough on him in order to make him better, there should be no problem.

And I have been quite clear: i hope he develops into the kind of player Jarmo expected when he drafted him. CBJ will need that going forward. And I have no reason to think that with proper development he will not be that kind of player. But to me his actions suggest an attitude that will need an adjustment before he has the kind of success everyone hopes for.

It's not about me liking or not liking your opinion. Really, it's not about me. You are pre-judging the young man's attitude and his game with very little factual information. But the real pre-judging is how he will fit in with Coach Tortorella. That's the prejudice part.

And qualifying the situation by making it a hypothetical (if) does in fact give you an out.

Even if I agree with you, we would still be pre-judging the situation, and therefore be prejudice.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
IF he shows up out of shape by NHL standards but with an attitude of expectation, there will be a drama queen situation between him and Torts.

He's never been out of shape, so not sure I see the point of this comment. May as well say, "As long as he doesn't flunk a drug test.".

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

What evidence is there that he might be inclined to show up out of shape. Or to resist a coach being tough on him? I'm not aware but probably I missed something.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

By the way, "Spinner" something is not true just because you declare it to be so.

Recall that the same applies to you and your "Drama Queen" predictions as well.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What evidence is there that he might be inclined to show up out of shape. Or to resist a coach being tough on him? I'm not aware but probably I missed something.

A frequent buyer card at Tim Horton's? :laugh:

I find all of this stuff about PLD to be speculation pure and simple. He could turn out to be Joey, with or without the 'tude or he could turn out to be Filatov II. Who knows? I'm inclined to think Jarmo & Co. suspect it's much more the first rather than the second. Only time will tell.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio

Don't necessarily disagree and I'm happy with the results of the trade.
Still, I can't help but wonder what RyJo is doing now...

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What evidence is there that he is out of shape? Have you been reading this thread over the past season? There are more than one reference to him seeming to lack endurance in his games.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think the biggest drama queens are the people trying to make a big deal out of my comments. I said if he shows up out of shape and with an attitude of entitlement, there would be a showdown with Torts. I neither predicted he would be out of shape or that he would have a 'tude. Hence, the use of the word "IF". For the love of Gordie Howe, read the words that are used rather than looking for excuses to have a coronary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad