Rumor: P. Kane to Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I know he has been really good, but I never cared for him, and it honestly has nothing to do with him being on the Hawks. Just rubbed me the wrong way, the same way all the Staal's did/do. Marc was ok here, but something about them just bugs me.

I am a huge proponent of this move. Larkin always played lights out when he had legit studs on his line.

A Cat-Larkin-Kane line would be killer.

Cat-Larkin-Rasmussen-Kane-Seider PP 1.

But something something, Larkin is only a 2C on a good team. He played with Gretzky and still only has less than a ppg for his career. Always think if Larkin had a Kane level player or even someone close, he is a yearly 80+ guy.

Reactions: kliq

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Anyone who says no to Kane but is on board with these glorified role players we just signed needs a hockey refresher course.

Wrong. Just because a player is good, doesn't mean you have to like them or want them on your team. Lindros, Marchand, Pronger and on and on I would never want on Detroit.

I mean, if it costs us a couple of bucks, why not?

If it costs more than that, no thanks

Heard it might cause $4.35 or thereabouts, is that still good?

Ketchup is the only way to go... Mustard is utterly disgusting lol

Bite your tongue person. I love mustard.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Oh please no. Just when the team is becoming enjoyable to watch they would add A person who it would disgust me to watch wearing our jersey, representing our city. Was disgusted and disappointed when he was given the C representing America in one of those international tournaments, but this would be a whole new level of revulsion.
When I look at the current roster I do not find d myself thinking, "damn, if only we had a washed up douche bag on this team!"

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
look at his teammates in chicago last year. That’s why his Numbers are low. He’s not 24 year old anymore he can’t carry deadweight by himself anymore

DeBrincat was his teammate, and most common linemate.

That's stats from 3 years. 2/3 years with DeBrincat. 66% of all CHI ice-time with DeBrincat.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Wrong. Just because a player is good, doesn't mean you have to like them or want them on your team. Lindros, Marchand, Pronger and on and on I would never want on Detroit.
So we shouldn't go after Kane or other players because certain fans "don't like them"?Ok.Like who, Chris Chelios who PUBLICLY stated his hate for the Red Wings and look how that turned out!! Getting Kane as a free asset and being a dynamic scorer with gas still left in the tank (I'm assuming if we are after him) is more than I need to be on board...

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Exactly. Every player we all "hate" we would LOVE if they played for our team.
No, both can be true. I can understand that adding a Patrick Kane or a Brad Marchand would improve the product on the ice, while still disliking the individual.

Pronger absolutely deserved the Hart Trophy that he won. He was a total force. But I hated him so much that I wouldn't want him on the Wings for $1. And each fan is free to have their own "under no circumstances" list if they so choose.

Emotions aren't inherently rational. But it doesn't invalidate the opinion.

Reactions: SoupNazi and Oddbob

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
someone like Brad Marchand would be the most popular guy on the team if the Wings drafted him and I always find it hilarious when people pretend otherwise
Exactly. I don’t care if a player is a dick on or off the ice. If you’re a good player, I’ll take you. As an adult, I care about the jersey itself and not the guy wearing it.

P
No, both can be true. I can understand that adding a Patrick Kane or a Brad Marchand would improve the product on the ice, while still disliking the individual.

Pronger absolutely deserved the Hart Trophy that he won. He was a total force. But I hated him so much that I wouldn't want him on the Wings for $1. And each fan is free to have their own "under no circumstances" list if they so choose.

Emotions aren't inherently rational. But it doesn't invalidate the opinion.
I have a hard time believing you wouldn’t take Chris Pronger on the Wings if it meant multiple more Stanley Cups.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
One thing I am also liking is that guys also like Larkin and he seems to have a lot of good friends, especially guys who have been through the US Dev Program. That will be a huge plus when the Wings really are ready to compete and can make serious runs at star players. I heard he’s really
Close to guys like Matthews and others.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I'd be happy if Kane signed in Detroit.. we are still in need of talent and depth, and if it's only costing money.. why not. We aren't giving up assets, it also shows like others said that others are noticing the Yzerplan coming along. We have a lot of great role players but still that "elite" talent isn't there.. even as a lesser version of himself, if he improves the PP and can contribute 40-50 points that's a win.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
someone like Brad Marchand would be the most popular guy on the team if the Wings drafted him and I always find it hilarious when people pretend otherwise

No he absolutely wouldn't be, not by me at least. He has always been a rat and that is too hard to respect.

So we shouldn't go after Kane or other players because certain fans "don't like them"?Ok.Like who, Chris Chelios who PUBLICLY stated his hate for the Red Wings and look how that turned out!! Getting Kane as a free asset and being a dynamic scorer with gas still left in the tank (I'm assuming if we are after him) is more than I need to be on board...

Where did I say that they should only get players that are liked by fans? I said that I wouldn't and don't need to like him even if they do become Wings, much like I didn't when we brought in Hatcher, Samuelsson and Brad May and even the returning Dallas Drake who had gotten quite dirty by the end of his career.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Sure, why not. Tho I have to post this now.

XeqsP.gif

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Debrincat Larkin Kane
Berggren Pettersen Raymond

Seider Edvinsson

Husso
Cossa

Everything else is available. Damn the cost. Make it be.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I don't like Kane at all for most teams. An aging, injured, declining production player who doesn't have the skill nor the effort to play much defense.

As far as his numbers, he is basically a mid 20 goal scorer per 82 games over the last few years with awful defensive play and defensive metrics (same for his whole career even when he was on a good team.) AND he is coming off of a major injury/surgery now at 35 years of age. After joining the Rangers, he wasn't really a difference maker for them (6 goals in 26 games including playoffs, a 19 goal pace).

A;lso consider the age and the wear-and-tear. Hes going to be 35, with additional playing time, a surgery, and injuries since the last time he was a point per game player a few years ago.

Maybe, MAYBE if he passes a physical with flying colors and comes in putting the best effort of his like to get in shape for this season...then maybe he could get 3rd line ice time (even strength) with a spot on the top PP unit, but never seeing a second of ice time in the 3rd period with a 1 or 2 goal lead.

Reactions: flychairman

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
We should not go after Kane because he’s had hip resurfacing surgery. Period. It’s not a question of skill or his personality. That injury automatically disqualified him from consideration. That surgery is a career ender and the dudes who has tried to come back are a shadow of themselves and are totally and incapable of skating and pivoting. It was a huge surgery and this cannot be overlooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad